Notices

OMFG...Turbotoyota ain't no joke!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Todd's kit at TT is FREAKING amazing. Ive had my problems with Todd in the past because of poor customer service, but as for the kit, its AMAZING!! I managed to pull 171WHP and 165 ft/lb torque and let me tell you this thing is STRAIGHT UP FAST!!

Forget Mini's, forget BMW 335's I've killed them ALL and the beautiful look on their face when the sound of the GT2554R spooling like a mad machine screams by their window!! Its really worth all the head aches and MAD MONEY to make this car what it is now. The kit isn't perfect and thats mainly due to the lack of space, but if a person like Todd who designed the kit, put it together and tuned it, iMUST have had a MUCH better outcome. I just have a slight pool of water that needs to be crossed to arrive at Todd's garage, which i would LOVE to do.

Next thing is pistons and rods and 12 lbs of boost, then i hopefully will be hitting the 200 WHP mark. The only issue being the chassis wont hold up the power, thats a whole different story.

Many changes have had to been made to make this car work, but its so worth it. I especially love my HKS SSQV, that Todd gladly installed for me, instead of the Greddy.

Pictures will soon be posted.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That xB is insanely clean...gotta love that sleeper status.

HUGE props to the owner and Todd for such a badass, clean xB...i wanna see this thing run!
Old 07-22-2008, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by arizonaturbo
I got a chance to ride in this xB tonight and let me tell you, it was fun! Much more power than the Greddy kit! Todd is a great guy and very knowledgeable!
i dont know about all that, sombody post some 1/4 #'s. Saying that kit is more powerful than the Greddy kit is a broad statement, the Greddy kit comes base map for stock injectors, once it is tuned with reasonably sized injectors it is a whole other story. The difference between the base map with stock injectors and a tune with tC injectors is 30-35whp, so just with a re-tune on larger injectors u get 100% gain.

It would be interesting to see some 1/4 mile #'s since this kit has now been out for a while. I havent seen or dealt with the Turbo-Toyotas kit for the xA or xB in real life so I don't have a real opinion on it yet. I have heard good and bad things about it on here.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JSosa
Todd's kit at TT is FREAKING amazing. Ive had my problems with Todd in the past because of poor customer service, but as for the kit, its AMAZING!! I managed to pull 171WHP and 165 ft/lb torque and let me tell you this thing is STRAIGHT UP FAST!!

Forget Mini's, forget BMW 335's I've killed them ALL and the beautiful look on their face when the sound of the GT2554R spooling like a mad machine screams by their window!! Its really worth all the head aches and MAD MONEY to make this car what it is now. The kit isn't perfect and thats mainly due to the lack of space, but if a person like Todd who designed the kit, put it together and tuned it, iMUST have had a MUCH better outcome. I just have a slight pool of water that needs to be crossed to arrive at Todd's garage, which i would LOVE to do.

Next thing is pistons and rods and 12 lbs of boost, then i hopefully will be hitting the 200 WHP mark. The only issue being the chassis wont hold up the power, thats a whole different story.

Many changes have had to been made to make this car work, but its so worth it. I especially love my HKS SSQV, that Todd gladly installed for me, instead of the Greddy.

your making 171whp on a stock xb motor? have you had any problems with the half shafts..lol
Old 07-27-2008, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by krazylowgsx
Originally Posted by JSosa

your making 171whp on a stock xb motor? have you had any problems with the half shafts..lol
No problems till date. The only real issue i had was the grease from the shaft end (sorry only know the name of this part in spanish: punta de eje) somehow managed to loosen and get ALL over the inside of my rim, brakes, control arms etc... Just about everything on the right side of the front drive train had to be degreased and power washed. It was dirty DIRTY job but i got it done.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cv axle is what it sounds like the dust boot came off and axle threw the grease everywhere.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

gosh darn will somebody hit up the dragstrip?!?