Notices

Power Enterprise SP OR Blitz SP

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the xb is not a rocket why try to make it fast it has a whoping like 90 hp and you could maybe get 100 out of bolt ons the only fun thing to do in a xb is make it handle like its on rails its light dont blow the motor if you want a fast car should have bought one if you were to try to make it fast maybe a n2o set up my frined has one he was hitting high 15s with a 35 shot and he runs through a bottle a week for the past yeah the motor can usually take a extra 35 hp no problem but just dont get greedy with it it will bite you in the ___ like i say why spend 3500 on a charger when its just going to blow your motor n2o is as safe as a turbo as long as you set it up right and dont get greedy i used n2o in my but to cool the intake charge but either way the xb will never be a rocket
Old 08-01-2007, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by coryjames
the xb is not a rocket why try to make it fast it has a whoping like 90 hp and you could maybe get 100 out of bolt ons the only fun thing to do in a xb is make it handle like its on rails its light dont blow the motor if you want a fast car should have bought one if you were to try to make it fast maybe a n2o set up my frined has one he was hitting high 15s with a 35 shot and he runs through a bottle a week for the past yeah the motor can usually take a extra 35 hp no problem but just dont get greedy with it it will bite you in the butt like i say why spend 3500 on a charger when its just going to blow your motor n2o is as safe as a turbo as long as you set it up right and dont get greedy i used n2o in my but to cool the intake charge but either way the xb will never be a rocket
Old 08-03-2007, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by coryjames
the xb is not a rocket why try to make it fast it has a whoping like 90 hp and you could maybe get 100 out of bolt ons the only fun thing to do in a xb is make it handle like its on rails its light dont blow the motor if you want a fast car should have bought one if you were to try to make it fast maybe a n2o set up my frined has one he was hitting high 15s with a 35 shot and he runs through a bottle a week for the past yeah the motor can usually take a extra 35 hp no problem but just dont get greedy with it it will bite you in the butt like i say why spend 3500 on a charger when its just going to blow your motor n2o is as safe as a turbo as long as you set it up right and dont get greedy i used n2o in my but to cool the intake charge but either way the xb will never be a rocket
You can make the xb into a 14-13 sec car if you want. How do you think these guys in there honda's are getting that fast? Its the same thing.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you can make anything as fast as you want with money
Old 08-08-2007, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im 100% with sizzlinscion on this.. Why take power away from engine to make power when you can use waste to make the same or more power. Turbochargers can produce more power, you can control the power with turbos along with boost regulator. and so on so on.. there are no limits for turbo tuning the car.. there is only so much u can do with Superchargers
Old 08-08-2007, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

but in the case of power robbing they both take power there is no such thing as free energy n2o takes nothing from the motor but we all know what happens when you get greedy with the n2o lol but a turbo will make more power at same boost that is no doubt
Old 08-08-2007, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a turbo doesnt take power
Old 08-08-2007, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the only bad about turbo is its lag.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

theoreticly it dosent but added back pressure is loss of power and you know what a turbo efficiency rating is right? well no turbo has a 100% rating you can get close but not 100% so till then they still rob power but alot less then a sc does i like turbos more then a sc for sure sc suck unless on a top fuel hey ryan want to help me doe my head liner today?
Old 08-20-2007, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Ok. There is no question that a turbo CAN and WILL produce more power on our xB's than a sc. But, with a turbo you sacrifice reliability and for some of us who have to pass emissions tests, there is not a single turbo kit that outperforms a sc that doesn't flag a CEL. So, a turbo is not for everyone. Now back to the original intent of this thread! I can't tell you anything about the power enterprise kit, but I can tell you that for the price and overall power output, the Blitz kit is very nice. But, I would also take a look at the greddy kit. It is a little cheaper, but has a little less power.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"Now back to the original intent of this thread! I can't tell you anything about the power enterprise kit, but I can tell you that for the price and overall power output, the Blitz kit is very nice. But, I would also take a look at the greddy kit. It is a little cheaper, but has a little less power."
tn_05_camo_xb -ditto.

I think the power is a bit more w/Greddy over Blitz... It's an easy bolt on for sure.
The PE is a Rotrex, has more power potential than the Eaton, smaller footprint, will run cooler, easire to plumb a FMIC, the bad- it's more $$$$, will use up an OE clutch quick, recomend an auto trans cooler, to unleash the potential you'll need engine internals - as a purpose built blower motor.

Done 1 Blitz & 2 Greddys, all good for a DD. For price point the Greddy wins bang for the buck. For power I'll bet on the PE.
Just a couple of thoughts,
Steve
Old 08-28-2007, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i my self have started looking into SC application just because of zero lag on power. my purpose isn't for speed, mainly some more oomph for uphill climbs while having extra weight in the vehicle like say for example, i have an event audio system i'm working on right now. the sub section alone will be around 150lbs, then theres the amps, mid/highs, leg stands, cables all what not. after a while, thats a good 500lbs of extra weight so i'd like to F/I my xB my self and i've started looking more into SC instead of TC being it's instant, it comes in instantly and not at 3,000rpm and so on. the Blitz kit from what i read has a fuel shutoff system so that when youre not on the throttle all the time, the SC isn't throwing power so essentialy it's just the same as TC'ing on the fuel efficiency side but has the instant power being it's a SC settup.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Winter, I can haul 5 people, me included, & have enough umph in 5th to change lanes. An SC works at the low end, the turbo the top. If I were to go turbo on 1 of these engines I'd go for a 30 shot for the bottom. IMHO the engine is too small to turbo as a DD. A TC WILL use fuel at boost just as much as an SC, or more. There are 2 O2 sensors 1 up & 1 down stream for the ECU samples. When the EGT is too high the ECU pulls timming & dumps fuel. With a turbo you can have high air intake temps that can cause fuel to dump as well as throw a code. A good IC can solve some of the problem but you are adding more components to the system. The plumbing alone, at the kind of boost the stock engine can take, will cause 8%, or more, boost. The down & dirty way to get that extra bump is an SC, hands down.
The Blitz has a fuel controler piggy. There is no difference in mpg, Blitz v Greddy, that i have seen. If anything the E-manage is a much better way to go - it can be tuned & it's included with the kit. I tried to find an advantage with the Blitz after installing a Greddy. There are some aspects the Blitz offers over Greddy but the Greddy is what I installed on my car. No regrets. Now I either need to build a header w/high flow cat or wait for someone that has found something with a long enough primary. An SC can benifit greatly with a good header.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Steve60
Winter, I can haul 5 people, me included, & have enough umph in 5th to change lanes. An SC works at the low end, the turbo the top. If I were to go turbo on 1 of these engines I'd go for a 30 shot for the bottom. IMHO the engine is too small to turbo as a DD. A TC WILL use fuel at boost just as much as an SC, or more. There are 2 O2 sensors 1 up & 1 down stream for the ECU samples. When the EGT is too high the ECU pulls timming & dumps fuel. With a turbo you can have high air intake temps that can cause fuel to dump as well as throw a code. A good IC can solve some of the problem but you are adding more components to the system. The plumbing alone, at the kind of boost the stock engine can take, will cause 8%, or more, boost. The down & dirty way to get that extra bump is an SC, hands down.
The Blitz has a fuel controler piggy. There is no difference in mpg, Blitz v Greddy, that i have seen. If anything the E-manage is a much better way to go - it can be tuned & it's included with the kit. I tried to find an advantage with the Blitz after installing a Greddy. There are some aspects the Blitz offers over Greddy but the Greddy is what I installed on my car. No regrets. Now I either need to build a header w/high flow cat or wait for someone that has found something with a long enough primary. An SC can benifit greatly with a good header.
i understand that, my interests are based on personal preference. i was tlaking about uphill climb, not highway passing. in my area, for the use of my "event system", the route thats needed to take to get where this system is generaly used has many uphill parts and the use of a F/I system would REALLY help. imagen a turbo'd diesel truck hallin some weight, the idea is basicly the same. the "event system" it's self will be around 500 extra pounds, this ISN'T inclueding the times that i can't find someone to hall the generator for the system for me which is anothedr 450lbs. so in a general idea, my use is for more umph halling some weight.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Winter, this is New England, centerl MA, the Berkshires, Mt. Tom range, White Mountains.......... There are long climbs everywhere.
Are you thinking 900 lbs as a load number? I don't believe I mentioned anything about highway passing but that's a plus. This car has had 1k + in it, before & after the SC. Big difference. The 06 lives in Ashfield, nothing but hills.
If you think a turbo will meet the power requirement for your needs, go for it. Be aware that a turbo needs rpm to make power & the smaller the engine the higher the rpm.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"the smaller the engine, the higher the RPM" true, i can very well just use a smaller turbo aswell being my power goal isn't that much. for example the Turbo Toyota's kit uses a GT2554 Garrett, for what my goal is i could very well just use something from the small GT20 series or even a GT1548 for quicker spooling.

your example mentioned above, i took that as an example of NA power which is why i said highway passing. didn't realise you ment sc'ed.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

hmmmmmm....never heard of the term"supercharger lag" LOL
Old 08-30-2007, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

never said that... infact i was talking about an alternative to using a SC which is a smaller turbo that spools sooner and quicker.

i was concidering a SC application, but i've got other ideas i want to take into concideration aswell. not going to explain anymore here being it's off topic and the idea thats in plain view isn't being seen correctly so i'm just going to leave it at that.

PE = stronger then Blitz, Blitz has a nice fuel system, PE has a few more gains. not much of a fan of greddy so i'm not going to comment on them.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

matchbox did 171hp on the mustang dyno with a PE s/c and another at like 143...had the slips posted on here to prove it..2.5 yrs ago
Old 08-30-2007, 11:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Suprecharger lag????? I must have missed something......... It would be the "how" part.

Quick Reply: Power Enterprise SP OR Blitz SP