Notices

Replacement Belts For Greddy S/C (part #'s)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Replacement Belts For Greddy S/C (part #'s)

I found some replacement belts for my greddy s/c. First I tried the stock belt for the alt/water pump, Gates K040476. But there's was no way it would fit on there. Too short.

The Greddy instructions list a 4pk1270 alt belt and a 5pk525 s/c belt.

So the cross reference for the Gates alt belt is K040500. That fit on there fine.
The s/c belt doesn't have a direct replacement, but a K050500 will go on there. I had to remove the s/c tensioner pulley completely and use a 19mm wrench to rotate the s/c pulley several rotations to get the belt on there. But now it works fine.

Tip: don't tighten the alternator until you get the s/c belt in place. Then tighten alternator, finally, tighten s/c tensioner. That really helped me.

hope that helps. I searched and couldn't find what I needed on here. But I found some of that cross reference stuff on the honda forced induction boards.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

reviving from the dead... but since its getting to be that part of the year to think about dusting the box off and doing things to it..

did your belts squeal before replacing?? if so did it stop after replacing w/new belts?

other than the snug fit both those belts work just fine huh?? hmm good to know i was looking around last aug but no 1 could match the greddy #s you listed and said to bring in the belts to measure them up. didnt wanna take them off the car then.

on your s/c one of the belt tensioners has a little clip that holds a bolt in place from backing out when you tighten it.. does it slip off the groove when you tighten it?? mine does.. and not sure if i should try to replace it, or weld it in place some how.

anyways.. thanks for the posting the belt #s you found that work.. couldnt find anything anywhere when i looked earlier
Old 01-28-2011, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, it's all fine now. The car made lots of chips and chirps, some of which I didn't think we're related to the belt. I kept trying to tighten the belt to get rid of the noises but that remedy never worked for any amount of time. I visually inspected the old belts several times and they seemed to be in good shape, no cracks in the ribs etc. I think over time they just became hard and couldn't grip the pulleys as well.

I couldn't really figure out that belt tensioner either. I just use used a crow bar to push on that 14mm bolt on the tensioner while I tighten the bolt on the pulley. I can get you a pic of that of you need it.

But now the car is much quieter.

I'd be glad to help you any way I can.

Dennis

Last edited by Bamapolar; 01-28-2011 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Auto complete