Notices

RP T28 turbo kit xb

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ive never blown a motor and this is why. I take the precautions. The stock 1.5L will not handle 300% volumetric efficiency guys. It doesnt matter how much fuel you give it. Its not only about the fuel or tuning. The motor simply cant take the pressure. Sure, I can make a kit and dyno it at 200whp at the motor but what does that do for us as a business? We might sell some kits but when people blow their motors, it comes back to bite us. You can use the kit we are working on, on the stock motor, you'll just have to run lower boost.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^YES!!!! but just how much boost and is da price range in the same range as the Greddy turbo kit? props to you Eloy
Old 12-01-2006, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, like i said, I know why YOU are going internals but this means that you are just trying to show us wat your kit can do, we wanna know wat WE can do with your kit is my point.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think it is WAY to early for Eloy to make those kinds of predictions. They are obviously in the early stages of development of the initial prototype.

I am sure once he gets the kit built, tuned, dynoed, and beat on, he'll be able to give us an estimate on pricing, hp, etc. I am also sure when they have a kit available to the public it will be sold to perform at reasonable boost levels for stock components and make more power then the Greddy kit. I don't think they would waste their time otherwise.

Then again, I am just some random guy on an internet forum speculating what another guy I hardly know and his shop's plans may be. So take what I post as you will.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by RTon20s
I think it is WAY to early for Eloy to make those kinds of predictions. They are obviously in the early stages of development of the initial prototype.

I am sure once he gets the kit built, tuned, dynoed, and beat on, he'll be able to give us an estimate on pricing, hp, etc. I am also sure when they have a kit available to the public it will be sold to perform at reasonable boost levels for stock components and make more power then the Greddy kit. I don't think they would waste their time otherwise.

Then again, I am just some random guy on an internet forum speculating what another guy I hardly know and his shop's plans may be. So take what I post as you will.
why do you love the greddy setup soo much? because it was the first released maybe?
Old 12-02-2006, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I never asked ROLLHARD for dyno numbers or even what psi we would run it. I asked for a real world test AKA a stock motor. When he releases a dyno of HIS car, then he will just be showing wat HIS kit can do. No better than another "company" out there with unreleased dyno numbers but i dont hear the same B.S. here as i do over there.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So Rollhard, what are you gonna do with your Greddy Intercooler Kit? Hit me up if you wanna sell it.

I wish you luck on your production kit. I know that when you say it's available for sale...it'll actually be AVAILABLE FOR SALE
You've shared enough of your experience(s) to earn my trust. If I had known earlier that you were coming out with a kit, I would have held off on getting a Greddy kit.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is a big difference between what Eloy and Race Precision has done with this thread and what ZPI has been consistent in doing with all of their products.

And Fusion... I know you don't like what I have to say in this forum, and that is fine. And there is nothing about the Greddy kit that makes me like it. Right now, it is the most reliable, widley available kit out there. It might not be making huge horse power numbers right now, but it is actually available and as close to worry free as you can get when it comes to a turbo system.

When ZPI reaches the same point with their kit, I'll preach their virtue as well. For now though, they have two pre-production kits sold, and the kit isn't shipping yet. But I do understand your need to back ZPI. Heck I'd be doing the same thing if someone hooked me up like that.

And for metal...

Race Precision is in the very early stages of development. They don't even have the prototype on their own car yet. I can garauntee you though, once they have the prototype finished on Eloy's built motor, they'll be looking for a stock xB. And they won't be out trying to sell a kit they don't even have developed yet. It will be up for sell when they are ready to ship.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I never asked you RT. I was asking rollhard.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:54 AM
5 Year Member

Just curious if threres any plans for an xA kit in the future. sorry i know topic is for the xB but i gotta ask.

thanks
Kyle
Old 12-05-2006, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

DEFINATELY watching this thread,