Notices

should i buy an '05 xb w/a power enterprises supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default should i buy an '05 xb w/a power enterprises supercharger?

hi all,

i am considering buying a used 2005 scion xb w/a power enterprises s/c kit awreddy installed. the car has 38k on it; the s/c was installed at 20k. it also has dc headers and blitz muffler, spec stage 3 clutch which was put it in about 500 miles ago, findanza light weight flywheel, & fluidline radiator.

the car also has a few other things like trd short throw shifter, autometer guages, 2 tone leather, trd lowering kit, falcon 18in rims and tires. (i would actually consider trading the leather seats for stock, as i don't really care for them.)

i am wanting to know what kind of gas mileage i can expect, compared to stock, & what reliability issues should i be worried about?

the price would be about what i would expect to pay for a stock '05 xb - i suspect the supercharger makes the car a hard sell to most folks...

thanks,

doug s.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds like a good deal.... the crack pulley pin likes to break with superchargers but its an easy fix if it does... thats about the only reliablity issue i can think of as long as you not boosting and beating on it all the time... as for gas mileage prob expect a little lower then normal maybe 1 or 2 mpg..... not much diff. Plus that is a very good supercharger you can put an intercooler if you want on it needs custom piping tho but not a hard thing to do.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

the pulley pin isnt a problem with the PE supercharger...I think only the Greddy has that problem
Old 05-19-2007, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scion04xb
sounds like a good deal.... the crack pulley pin likes to break with superchargers but its an easy fix if it does... thats about the only reliablity issue i can think of as long as you not boosting and beating on it all the time... as for gas mileage prob expect a little lower then normal maybe 1 or 2 mpg..... not much diff. Plus that is a very good supercharger you can put an intercooler if you want on it needs custom piping tho but not a hard thing to do.
thanks for the info. re: gas mileage, is this really true; i had read elsewhere of a drop into the low 20's. i guess driving style has a lot to do w/this? :D

i have been driving alfas for the past 15+ years; living situation now dictates something more practical, as i no longer have a decent place to do my own maintenance, but i still want something half-way different & fun to drive. but, if having a supercharger means i will be having maintenance issues, & gas mileage no different than what i awreddy am getting, i may just stick w/the alfas...

thanks,

doug s.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

you shouldn't really have any maintenance issues. Gas mileage is still quite good when driven conservatively. With my GReddy kit and some aggressive driving i was still getting 28/29 mpg. but the box is so much more fun to drive, and it is funny as hell to see the look on peoples faces when you pass them.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

get it