Notices

?? for the smart FI turbo guys...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm... i've heard of sequetial settups using one smaller trim turbo and onelarger trim turbo. the small one having extremly fast spool time and at the same time feeds into the larger turbo so when a certain RPM is reached the larger turbo begins to spool and let loose power. from what i've heard it's supose to be just about the same as a supercharger in feeling when driving.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member

Basically, the turbos can produce 280-300 (combined). The turbos were aftermarket ballbearing versions of the earlier Impreza (sti I think). When one turbo is feed by the 1.8L it spools extremely quickly. And once the first turbo reachers about 80% of its Flow rate the valve is cracked open to let the exhaust flow into the second turbo slowing the first turbo somewhat. Now at this point the 1.8L is producing much more flow then an NA 1.8L so the second turbo engages (spools) very quickly and the engine RPM climbs very quickly.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member

I think the original early impreza turbos were RHF19 through RHF 22.
They are IHI turbos none ballbearing.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WINTER WTF ARE YOU DOING A 1ZZ SWAP FOR!! OMG are you kidding me, someone gets the ***** to really play with an engine swap and they are putting in a 1ZZ?? I just shot myself. I cant even begin to argue untill i know what the hell was going thru your mind when you chose to use a 1ZZ.

You know why people buy a celica gt? They didnt know there was a gt-s. You know what people do when they buy a GT-S? They sit and laugh at those who actually CHOSE to buy a gt (cept the autos but thats a whole nother story of stupidity) You know what else they do, they throw in aftermarket pistons, a GT35R, some fueling and call it a day. Cause they now have a block that will hold 800hp or more but we dont even know the limit yet. Next plans are for a GT42R to go on an already 700whp drag car.

Check it out yourself

545whp@24psi on a GT30R(race gas)
666whp@30psi(race gas) only block mods are 9.0:1 mahle pistons
560whp@24psi Same car as before just on pump gas.

Not to mention the N/A value, im to lazy to link but FYI a 1ZZ N/A with cams, I/H/E/Tune doesnt even hit 160whp, what any bone stock gts will put down, 190whp with just cams and tune, bout 190 with I/ported stock header/E tune. Combine the two with the new race header that has JUST been developed your looking at maybe 210whp N/A(conservative). And on top of all that, you still dont even have Lift. Test drive a xrs, gts or an elise, then drive your swapped 1ZZ, a tear will form everytime you hit 6200 rpms and nothing happens.

Sorry to so harshly stomp you out but, your gonna put the 1ZZ fully decked out block, turbo you name it, and a gts with a mp62 charger is gonna blow by you.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what's the 1zz out of? a Tercel? the older 1.5 or 1.3 tercels have an iron block from what I've learned.... put good pistons and rods and it be a heck of a lot stronger than the celica motor. I don't know who the guy is who posted right above me... but the 1zz swap would be easy, the celica swap... not easy, maybe that's why he wants to go the route of the 1zz, the darn motor mounts right up i bet. Everyone is so caught up on horsepower, I bet an xA with an iron block 1.5 will still be lighter and handle better than the celica gts swap.
Plus u will have a bulletproof motor.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by metal112524
WINTER WTF ARE YOU DOING A 1ZZ SWAP FOR!! OMG are you kidding me, someone gets the ***** to really play with an engine swap and they are putting in a 1ZZ?? I just shot myself. I cant even begin to argue untill i know what the hell was going thru your mind when you chose to use a 1ZZ.

You know why people buy a celica gt? They didnt know there was a gt-s. You know what people do when they buy a GT-S? They sit and laugh at those who actually CHOSE to buy a gt (cept the autos but thats a whole nother story of stupidity) You know what else they do, they throw in aftermarket pistons, a GT35R, some fueling and call it a day. Cause they now have a block that will hold 800hp or more but we dont even know the limit yet. Next plans are for a GT42R to go on an already 700whp drag car.

Check it out yourself

545whp@24psi on a GT30R(race gas)
666whp@30psi(race gas) only block mods are 9.0:1 mahle pistons
560whp@24psi Same car as before just on pump gas.

Not to mention the N/A value, im to lazy to link but FYI a 1ZZ N/A with cams, I/H/E/Tune doesnt even hit 160whp, what any bone stock gts will put down, 190whp with just cams and tune, bout 190 with I/ported stock header/E tune. Combine the two with the new race header that has JUST been developed your looking at maybe 210whp N/A(conservative). And on top of all that, you still dont even have Lift. Test drive a xrs, gts or an elise, then drive your swapped 1ZZ, a tear will form everytime you hit 6200 rpms and nothing happens.

Sorry to so harshly stomp you out but, your gonna put the 1ZZ fully decked out block, turbo you name it, and a gts with a mp62 charger is gonna blow by you.
um, don't try to know what ur talking about man...lol, my old roomie's celica gts with that charger hasnt beat my best time yet with my stock block. on nitrous WITH that charger he hits 13's but has yet to without. Every time i raced him I beat him unless he sprayed.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Like i said blow by you
Untuned charger (prolly on drag radials)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_dZRjeqGNE
Just Nitrous, 75 on a stock block on drag radials for sure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU_vIdY0RWA
14.01 is your best hu? heres I/H/E/tune 2ZZ doing that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGikKpvdeU4

Sorry blown, all you've proven is your buddy sucks at driving. There is a reason the 2ZZ is in the elise, and theres a reason the 1ZZ is in the geo storm.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your confusing a 1ZZ, a 1.8 from the xr,the gt,and the geostorm, with a 4E,a 1.5, and 5E,a 1.3, from the tercel. Maybe YOU should try a little harder to know what your talking about first. The 1ZZ IS a celica swap, just not the right one.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey man dont get all mad cause ur rollin around in a stock xB with painted wheel covers lol!! Your making urself look bad comparing faster cars to ours, which is....like every frikken car out there. what's ur point?? You have no room to prove points other than cruising you-tube videos.
Me, I prove points in real life. A Celica has yet to pass me on a real road track, my little bubble xA, has yet to be upscaled by a Celica on a real track. Quarter mile is so trendy(not bashing but it's true). Horsepower isnt everything. Go buy a Celica if u like them so much lol. I mean really... why are u trying to bash me??? ur xB will never hit a 14.01. If u have to buy a faster car to do that, then go ahead i won't be mad.
Me, I like seeing the reactions of fellow time attackers when I pass their s2000's and wrx's and 350z's in my bubble. Heck i even passed a twin turbo 350z and an RB26dett 240sx at Summit point 3 weeks ago...I got pure enjoyment out of that.
ok im done now... continue ur internet racing
Old 10-31-2007, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
what's the 1zz out of? a Tercel? the older 1.5 or 1.3 tercels have an iron block from what I've learned.... put good pistons and rods and it be a heck of a lot stronger than the celica motor. I don't know who the guy is who posted right above me... but the 1zz swap would be easy, the celica swap... not easy, maybe that's why he wants to go the route of the 1zz, the darn motor mounts right up i bet. Everyone is so caught up on horsepower, I bet an xA with an iron block 1.5 will still be lighter and handle better than the celica gts swap.
Plus u will have a bulletproof motor.
oh yea... and I guess u missed this post, where i asked what the 1zz was out of. but no u just went ahead and started crap cause I told u i beat my old roomies celica and it hit a lil nerve lol. oh yea.. go get some wheels cause painted wheel covers arnt cool
Old 10-31-2007, 04:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im glad i mean that much to you that you go to read up in my profile, really im touched. Look, my dream would be to put the gts motor in a box, i LOVE my old box, hell i bought it and raced it at the track, yup a slushbox xb at the track. I dont give a ____ what i put down but experiencing that for the first time was awesome. There is by no means an argument to get anyone to buy a faster car or tear down anyones accomplishments, but to give my opinion and KNOWLEDGE of the 1ZZ.

Please dude, dont give me that "you got beat by a xa" underdog bull$hit. Im sick of it, your only an underdog because you feel the need to degrade others accomplishments by making yours look bigger because you had to do more. Your just less intelligent for not starting with a better platform if you cant give kudos to anyone that deserves it, no matter what they did it with.

Just like everyone in a faster car looks down on you, your just as guilty and unaccomplished at them. Because you stooped to there level.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
oh yea... and I guess u missed this post, where i asked what the 1zz was out of. but no u just went ahead and started crap cause I told u i beat my old roomies celica and it hit a lil nerve lol. oh yea.. go get some wheels cause painted wheel covers arnt cool
I didnt miss anything, my painted wheel covers were all I could afford, I have no nerves hit because we have already established your old friend is a $hit driver, and there was never any 1ZZ in any tercel or anything of the like, i was merely pointing out your calling me out about not knowing what im saying, when you dont even know what YOUR saying in the first place. And like I said, some 800hp on stock block sleeves, rods, crank, intake manifold, throttle body, axles, (too much for the 6 speed trans tho), and cams, and you think an 1.3 iron short block is stout-er? Think again bro. btw, nice running against those S2k's and sti's and 350's. Celica is just as much if not MORE of an underdog as its actually in the "sports" category. Maybe your next car can be a GT-S like mine .
Old 10-31-2007, 01:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

take it to the vadriven forum my friend, end ur rambling. and a sleeved block is not a stock block. I dont know why ur arguing. Go hang out on the Celica forum or somthing. End this
oh yea, and I am an underdog. Now u are saying im not? ur twisting this convo in more ways than i thought possible. My car has far less hp, stock struts, all i got is lowering springs and a rear sway, and i beat cars that all together have 2-3x as much money put in them.. coilovers and all. But im not an underdog i guess, cause u say so. I don't get u. Why didnt i get a better platform?? cause like u and ur wheel covers, i couldnt afford more.
Go buy a Celica.
And the whole point of this thread was to give sombody insite on a swap and boost application. If he wants to put in the 1zz then cool, dont bash. You havent even come close to such mods.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here ill make it easier for u....http://newcelica.org/forums/if u want to bash peoples ideas, and Scions, go there. Go have fun[/url]
Old 10-31-2007, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm already there, i guess i left that out, thats besides the point the only one bashing anyone was you when you decided to bring up irrelevant bull$hit like my hubcaps. The block is STOCK sleeved is what i said, proven past 700whp, so ill go back to my new forums and quit wasting my breath on this place. There was the reason i left you know, too many butt hurt people like you.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool have fun bubbbye.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm already there, i guess i left that out, thats besides the point the only one bashing anyone was you when you decided to bring up irrelevant bull$hit like my hubcaps. The block is STOCK sleeved is what i said, proven past 700whp, so ill go back to my new forums and quit wasting my breath on this place. There was the reason i left you know, too many butt hurt people like you.
and , i dont care that a person has gotten 700hp in a celica. What have u done? Nothing, oh nm u painted ur hubcaps.

This gentleman has taken the time and worked hard to have the money to do a swap. You, just jump on here and bash him for the motor he wants to put in. All you have done is post up you-tube videos and stats on what others have done . Your opinion is based solely on those things. Who cares. Be a pioneer like the guy who started this thread.

Better yet, u put the gts motor in ur xB if that's what u have. Then meet me at the track, somehow i don't think that will ever happen though. Or buy a gts and meet me at the track. That will probably never happen either.Hit me up if it does happen though, i'll be happy to embarras you.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Winter,

Hows the project going, sorry if my post seemed derogatory or offensive in any way. I only meant to prove a point. 1ZZ does have a low end torque advantage over the 2ZZ but it stops very firmly there. I'm trying to understand your reasoning for a 1ZZ swap and a very small turbo with the quickest spool.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Winter,

Hows the project going, sorry if my post seemed derogatory or offensive in any way. I only meant to prove a point. 1ZZ does have a low end torque advantage over the 2ZZ but it stops very firmly there. I'm trying to understand your reasoning for a 1ZZ swap and a very small turbo with the quickest spool.
there u go, was that so hard??
Old 11-03-2007, 05:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok im not one to spark up ald arguments, but I couldnt resist this... Metal112524 you need to read this http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=bench+racer
OK im done now, I swear, promise, cross my heart hope to die.

Quick Reply: ?? for the smart FI turbo guys...