Notices

TurboToyota turbo kit!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TurboToyota turbo kit!

looks like its a nice kit to me any other thoughts? the turbo is nice!! ball bearing t 25 and very nice lookin manifold..

im kinda curious to what the fuel system it will be, etc.... i went to the website but its not finished or something..
Old 12-03-2006, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

link?
Old 12-03-2006, 01:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh yeah.. woops

http://www.turbokits.com/xA_xB_turbo_kits.html

also notice the XA IN THE PICTURE!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!
Old 12-03-2006, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i personally have never heard of the TurboToyotas brand. there must be a reason for that .... but hey, i dunno.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

That looks like a nice kit.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it removes the factory crash bar....federal offence....dont get in an accident and get your car looked over by insurance...your butt will be in jail so fast you wont know what hit you.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

That looks like its just for the xA, I think you could fit the IC without cutting the bar on the xB.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

thats an interestring looking kit. It seems good enough, but i cant see an ECU anywhere, no piggyback or stand alone... I would rather just keep going the way i am and do everything myself.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member

The kit is brand new to the market.

Once I ( I am turbotoyotas) become a forum sponsor you will be hearing allot more about this kit for the xA and xB......(my website should be up within the next week or so)

the kit doesn't come with fuel managment, as that is an option I left up to the end user. Currently the car is back on emanage, but I do not want to become a Greddy dealer as there are enough of those out there that offer great pricing, plus this allows me to pass along a cheaper price on the kit itself.

Stay tuned..........
Old 12-04-2006, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BoostedXA
The kit is brand new to the market.

Once I ( I am turbotoyotas) become a forum sponsor you will be hearing allot more about this kit for the xA and xB......(my website should be up within the next week or so)

the kit doesn't come with fuel managment, as that is an option I left up to the end user. Currently the car is back on emanage, but I do not want to become a Greddy dealer as there are enough of those out there that offer great pricing, plus this allows me to pass along a cheaper price on the kit itself.

Stay tuned..........

what fuel setup do you plan to sell with the kit i am very interested

and props on the kit so far
Old 12-05-2006, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So $3300 for a turbo kit with no engine management, or fuel system upgrades?
Old 12-05-2006, 01:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

$3300
Old 12-05-2006, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok I signed up as a forum sponsor so my posts should be fine.

what fuel setup do you plan to sell with the kit i am very interested

and props on the kit so far
Thanks for the compliments. I am not offering any kind of fuel upgrades with the kit.
There are too many options to consider when doing this, and as a manufacturer I won't be able to make 100% of my cusotmers happy if I don't offer every option available. So I am leaving the injector choice and fuel managment choice up to the end user. But my cars xA and xB are both using TC injectors and Greddy emange for fuel.

So $3300 for a turbo kit with no engine management, or fuel system upgrades?
Yes, its a $3300.00 kit without any managment or injectors. If you look at the components I offer in my kit, they are the nicest on the market, hence the higher cost . When I set out to do this my main goal was to offer the nicest kit on the market which in my own opinion I have. Is my kit for everyone? I only wish, for some it will be overkill and for those few who want the best kit they can get, I have what they are looking for.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

how about that IC location and cutting into the front brace, why design it to cut it if thats 1, unsafe, 2, illegal?
Old 12-05-2006, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how about that IC location and cutting into the front brace, why design it to cut it if thats 1, unsafe, 2, illegal?

That picture that is posted on turbokits.com site is of the very 1st kit.I used that IC the 1st round because I had it. I had no problem cutting my own bar for test purposes.
I am in the process of testing out another intercooler that will allow you to keep the crash bar. There will be some minor trimming needed for clearance issues, but the bar will be kept. If it works the way I want it too it will be standard on every kit.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

so how long would we have to wait for the new design to go into production
Old 12-05-2006, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so how long would we have to wait for the new design to go into production
I am in the process of building kits so I have them in stock. If you ordered a kit from me today for example I am 4 weeks out. But in four weeks I will have them in stock

It would be less time but I am in the middle of finishing the kit for the TC as well.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks like you've got around $1500-$1600 (retail) in parts for the primary (turbo, intercooler, and BOV) components. So you are looking at $1800 for piping, manifold, down pipe and other misc. parts. Not too bad, but still a little steep when you consider how much more you will have to invest to get the system to work on the car.

I wish you luck though. Love to see some dyno runs and video once you get these things up and running.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks like you've got around $1500-$1600 (retail) in parts for the primary (turbo, intercooler, and BOV) components. So you are looking at $1800 for piping, manifold, down pipe and other misc. parts. Not too bad, but still a little steep when you consider how much more you will have to invest to get the system to work on the car.

I wish you luck though. Love to see some dyno runs and video once you get these things up and running.
You are close, the turbo alone is almost $1k by itself. Yes its expensive but I wanted the best ball bearing turbo I could get and the 2554 was it.
Keep in mind, little things add up fast. Stainless steel oil/water feed and return lines, hoses clamps etc. Its the small stuff that gets you. I have it priced right for what you are getting.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've seen pricing over $1000 shipped as well. Hopefully you aren't paying retail though. If you are selling this as a kit, I am sure you are getting much better pricing. Oh, and for the record after just a couple minutes of searching I could have the turbo shipped to my door for $810. I am sure if I did an even more exhausting search I could find a better deal.

I am not trying to convince you to drop the price of your kit. You know what your costs are, and you know what you need to sell it at. Just stating my opinion(s) on the matter. I encourage you to keep developing your kit, continue to post updates, and hook up Scionlifers once it is available.

Quick Reply: TurboToyota turbo kit!