Notices

ZPIRacing xB turbo kit update (98% complete)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 10:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

if vsc is on it means there is a constantr tracion issue or the car is in safe mode.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Freakin awsome vid guys , thank Mark for taking us for a ride, thats what we all wanted to see. Could the CEL be on since they are only running a dump pipe with no O2's hooked up? That would throw it in a heart beat, right.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:50 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
if vsc is on it means there is a constantr tracion issue or the car is in safe mode.
Yea, that light came on the first time we took the car out with the turbo kit. The massive amount of wheel spin from the OEM tires is probably freaking the computer out.

CEL is from cat inefficency. We removed the stock exhaust, so the rear o2 is mad about the lack of cat.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:37 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Wow, the new video is awesome. 2nd gear slipped like a ****. Hurry up and finish this thing guys!
Old 04-28-2006, 03:46 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

OUCH! $3,499!?

Come on guys, you can do better than that

http://www.zeropointindustries.net/s...375cc8a4bd0d61
Old 04-28-2006, 04:02 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by Prototype_xB
OUCH! $3,499!?

Come on guys, you can do better than that

http://www.zeropointindustries.net/s...375cc8a4bd0d61
Our tC kit with similar trimmings comes in at $4400. ;)
Old 04-28-2006, 05:30 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

eh, i'll just stick with Greddy
Old 04-28-2006, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

With the price of the Greddy vs. ZPI and the fact that greddy is only a 56% gain and ZPI with the estimated 180whp (almost a 100% gain) I'll go with ZPI.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Banned
SL Member

The greddy kit comes without a FMIC and piping. We can sell you a kit with no FMIC, and drop the price.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

but the greddy kit even with a fmic you can purchase the kit for about $2400.00 but I guess the difference would be how much power the zpi kit actually produces.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Banned
SL Member

There's other things to consider, injectors, BOV, external wastegate, etc.

I was trying to find documentation on the GReddy kit, but in typical GReddy fashion, there's nothing on their site.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by nester
Yea, that light came on the first time we took the car out with the turbo kit. The massive amount of wheel spin from the OEM tires is probably freaking the computer out.

CEL is from cat inefficency. We removed the stock exhaust, so the rear o2 is mad about the lack of cat.
yes the cel is from a lack of cat but when the cel is on the car is in "limp home mode" lot less power than if the cat was in place.

a shop removing cats? yowza . watchout that's a 30,000 fine. just like how west coast customs got fined two or three times for removing airbags .
Old 04-28-2006, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

well I havent reset my cel since the last time I tripped it about a good 2 monthes ago. so I dont think the "limp home mode" is true. if it is true then I must have a lot of power that I havent been using.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by nester

yes the cel is from a lack of cat but when the cel is on the car is in "limp home mode" lot less power than if the cat was in place.

a shop removing cats? yowza . watchout that's a 30,000 fine. just like how west coast customs got fined two or three times for removing airbags .
I don't believe the car has a limp mode for a cat inefficency. The tC certainly doesn't.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

the tc will go very very rich. a default setting/ considered limp mode...

most obdII cars when faced with the computer knowing/thinking that the scond o2 sensor ( the one after the cat) is reading just as dirty air as the pre cat sensor it goes into a default rich setting. the computer goes whacko.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

well then the rich setting would act as a positive thing for the zpi xb without the emanage. would hate to drive around though in the north with no traction control in the winter.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:29 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by tn_05_camo_xb
With the price of the Greddy vs. ZPI and the fact that greddy is only a 56% gain and ZPI with the estimated 180whp (almost a 100% gain) I'll go with ZPI.
ESTIMATED on the butt dyno

I'm leaning towards Greddy w/ their FMIC until you guys can produce some dyno sheets.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

you guys are all wrong...the codes they are throwing arent from the cat, or to much wheel spin. Its from the larger injectors you guys put in the car. You havent hooked it up to an OBD II yet to see that you are throwing a P0 172 code?? Its the system rich bank 1 code. Im surprised your running that kit without management. I did it for a few days and it was kind of scary...are your EGT's through the roof? The car will eventually richen itself up on its own regardless of what management you have on there so dont expect to keep up that constant 30 mpg per tank.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually the code is from the cat inefficiency and not the lack of EMS. We have went through about 6 MAF pipes getting the car to run as good as it does with no EMS on it. We will certainly sell the kit with the emanage but engineer the kit to be safe without. The car is not throwing a too rich code simply because it is not to rich. We have EGT and wideband on the car and the EGTS are not thru the roof and the car is not running excessive timing or unsafe AFR. The car idles a little richer than we would like in the 13.5 range and we will lean that out with the emanage. The car spikes at about 11.8 when you hit boost and tapers down to a 11.1-10.9 at redline.

We are not saying this is the safe or a way anyone else should duplicate this. Only that this is how we develop test and engineer our products. We do not make up for lack of engineering with a emanage, this is the biggest difference between buying a kit and having a local guy that can cut and weld build you a one off piece. Both will work and achieve the same goal yet go about it in a different way.

I do not foresee the ECU richening the car up anymore that it already would have after 1400 miles or so. A lot of the internet myths about ecus wigging out etc.. are just that myths you have to work with the ecu not against it Toyota did spend millions developing we are not trying to be smarter than then just enhance what is already there.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

interesting, I kept a cat on my car but had a 2.5" Hi flow cat. You arent running a return line setup right, that with your MAF pipe is probly the reason why you arent throwing a system rich code. I never got a chance to mess around with the MAF adapter pipeing, cause it was kind of sold on accident. Im curious to see how this turns out

Quick Reply: ZPIRacing xB turbo kit update (98% complete)