Notices

ZPIRacing xB turbo kit update (98% complete)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Reading some of the posts, it seems to me like most have watched only the parking lot burnout video...Watch this video http://www.zeropointindustries.net/g...ark_and_the_xB ....Look how quick this thing gets up to 100mph...Great video.....
Old 04-28-2006, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by ZPIracing
Actually the code is from the cat inefficiency and not the lack of EMS. We have went through about 6 MAF pipes getting the car to run as good as it does with no EMS on it. We will certainly sell the kit with the emanage but engineer the kit to be safe without. The car is not throwing a too rich code simply because it is not to rich. We have EGT and wideband on the car and the EGTS are not thru the roof and the car is not running excessive timing or unsafe AFR. The car idles a little richer than we would like in the 13.5 range and we will lean that out with the emanage. The car spikes at about 11.8 when you hit boost and tapers down to a 11.1-10.9 at redline.

We are not saying this is the safe or a way anyone else should duplicate this. Only that this is how we develop test and engineer our products. We do not make up for lack of engineering with a emanage, this is the biggest difference between buying a kit and having a local guy that can cut and weld build you a one off piece. Both will work and achieve the same goal yet go about it in a different way.

I do not foresee the ECU richening the car up anymore that it already would have after 1400 miles or so. A lot of the internet myths about ecus wigging out etc.. are just that myths you have to work with the ecu not against it Toyota did spend millions developing we are not trying to be smarter than then just enhance what is already there.
the ecu's don't wig out per se but like to pretty much make mods worthless after a week or so.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I really hope you guys plan to run management with the sold kits, otherwise reliability is very questionable.

After watching the 0-100mph video, 180whp has to be way off. I've been in a xb with around 135-140whp and it pulled just as hard as the zpi kit appears to be pulling. The video was really bouncy so its hard to tell in some places, but 180whp appears to be way off. I think you guys, zpi, are forgeting how light the xb is from other cars. Comparing the xb to the tC for example, in terms of pull, can't be used effectivly due to the 500lbs difference between the two cars. A xb with 150whp for example, might pull just as hard as the tC with 200-210whp, therefore it may appear the xb has more power than it actually is pulling. Not to mention the Xb is geared a little more aggressivly than the tC, so its going to pull harder per gear.

In the end, i really want to see what the kit is going to consist of for $3,500. If it doesn't include management, i'm staying away from it because for that price it should include some type of management. Atleast e-manage ulti. Don't get me wrong, i'm not putting down your kit or your hard work. I'm liking what i'm seeing, but i don't believe for a second the 180whp estimate, and i really hope theres management that comes with this.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here is a link to there site with some info on what will b included in there kit

http://www.zeropointindustries.net/s...roducts_id=211

all in all i would have to give ZPI the Props for the work they put in the kit..........throw some slicks on that beast and make another vid cuzz you know it needs da traction haha..........
Old 04-29-2006, 01:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The xB is running very close in acceleration to our turbo miata that is making close to the 180 mark. These cars are very close to each other in weight. To be honest only time will tell when we have time to install the clutch and get it on the dyno.

TE FINAL PRODUCTION UNIT WILL INCLUDE A PRE TUNED EMANAGE.

We are simply trying to prove that with a proper MAF pipe you can make the end tuning much more consistent in different climates allowing the ecu to work with the turbo kit instead of against it makes the end numbers easier to duplicate all around the country.

We will try to get this car on the dyno next week and we will all know for sure. To be honest I presonally do not care what the hp number is we are beating GT mustangs already and the clutch is slipping either way it is one fast BOX
Old 04-30-2006, 07:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IM IN!!! =D

sen.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^thats what im sayin!! i just came back from HIN boston and there was only one turbo box! next year there WILL be 2....
Old 04-30-2006, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^why 2? arent you gonna get one?

lol

sen.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you guys driving manuals or auto's and you know they are taking deposits? So you can be one of the first to get one.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahaaa good one senz!! I got a 5speed....and I know there takin deposits but I'm waitin on the dyno.....!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2006, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

can't wait for the next shootout, i wanna peice of that car
Old 04-30-2006, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
can't wait for the next shootout, i wanna peice of that car
Thats a race i wouldn't mind seeing. Whens the next shootout Kenny? Might need to make the trip this time.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im waiting for #s as well...

and for some more testing so that they may work the kinks out...

but i'll be honored if to be the first in socal to be running their kit, hopefully they will offer an incentive ie "a gooder price" lol.

im anxious.. lol

sen.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:22 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
After watching the 0-100mph video, 180whp has to be way off. I've been in a xb with around 135-140whp and it pulled just as hard as the zpi kit appears to be pulling.
That video also had a very casual driver who was shifting too early, shifting pretty slow, and a clutch that is probably slipping all the way through the power band. Put a stage 3 clutch in there, do a little tuning, and put kenny behind the wheel, and it'll be a different video.

People wonder why we don't always post pics and/or videos during development.. and part of the reason is that people see developmental stuff and assume that it's the final kit, that it's what we're asking you to spend your hard earned money on.

We're testing all kinds of different things on this car, just like we did on our first tC. I don't think 180hp is out of the question. I also don't think a video made on a little country road with more dips and bumps than a old 45 should be the deciding factor. ;)

Clutch is keeping us off the dyno. and we can't put a clutch in the car until we have time. We've been busy working on the half dozen soon to be turbo-tC's from all over the country. ;)

PEACE.. OUT. HOLLA.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am not sure as to when we will do another shootout....I would like a crack at the xA though......maybe we will meet in the middle at a track and let them roll..

We will try very hard to get to the clutch in this week. We have 11 Scions under roof right now and these guys and girls will not be to happy if we stop on the cars they have shipped here to work on our xB.

I appreciate the support and i will try to get you guys some dyno numbers soon. We will more than likely hook someone on the west coast up with a prototype kit to test when the design is finalized. We will let you know when and what you have to do to qualify. I am confident that our power numbers are not to far off but we will have to wait and see,

just so you all know there is nothing cooler that shooting flames out of the side exit exhaust in a shoe box on wheels.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know right i wanna just atleast have a lil flame pop out my exhaust from time to time like i seen on other cars
Old 05-02-2006, 01:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My comments were not to say "Because it was a one wheel burnout it MUST be weak". I was responding to those that were most 'impressed' by the burnout and was simply trying to point out that a one wheel burnout can be done by just about any car and it should have no indication of power level. Both of my 300WHP cars have done 1 wheel burnouts as well as my 90hp mercury tracer.

That's all
Old 05-02-2006, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can do a two wheel burnout...........but b4 i couldnt not sure why though...........
Old 05-02-2006, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can do a two wheel burnout...........

http://rapidshare.de/files/19445569/..._burn.avi.html
Old 05-03-2006, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i just hope that you will have time to work on an xA, me and ALOT of other xA owners will bevery sad, if this kit doesnt work with the xA. You can be SURE that if your kit is tested and tuned, im going to be one of the the first on the waiting list.

Quick Reply: ZPIRacing xB turbo kit update (98% complete)