Notices

ZPIRacing xB turbo kit update (98% complete)

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nester
Originally Posted by killerxromances
When you do dyno, please use a full exhaust guys. Test pipes will make the results and actual consumer results off, i think people want to see what it will actually make on a complete set up. Not trying to say you wouldn't have done this, its more or less a suggestion.
We no longer have a stock exhaust to run on the car. The stock o2 sensors were cross threaded, and no amount of PB Blaster would coax them out. We had to take a saw to the midpipe section.

Honestly, who in their right mind would spend a few grand on a turbo kit and not put an exhaust on it.. The stock piping is what... 1.75" maybe 2? Killing spool and robbing of horse power. The xB is no camaro, the stock exhaust won't support 500whp. ;)

The car has more than just a downpipe, the exhaust currently extends down the center well of the xB and then makes a 45* turn and exits just before the right rear wheel, it just has no muffler. We will be using a straight through design muffler on our exhaust system (similar to the tC), so you can expect a minimum loss of power. We'll also be trying to keep the exhaust as straight as possible.
I never said a stock exhaust, i said a full exhaust. Meaning by piping from the header to the muffler, rather than using an open downpipe, a test pipe, or any thing else that could potentially and would alter the results of the dyno runs, comparing that to someone running a full exhaust. I never said stock exhaust.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Banned
SL Member

When you do dyno, please use a full exhaust guys. Test pipes will make the results and actual consumer results off, i think people want to see what it will actually make on a complete set up. Not trying to say you wouldn't have done this, its more or less a suggestion.
We no longer have a stock exhaust to run on the car. The stock o2 sensors were cross threaded, and no amount of PB Blaster would coax them out. We had to take a saw to the midpipe section.

Honestly, who in their right mind would spend a few grand on a turbo kit and not put an exhaust on it.. The stock piping is what... 1.75" maybe 2? Killing spool and robbing of horse power. The xB is no camaro, the stock exhaust won't support 500whp. ;)

The car has more than just a downpipe, the exhaust currently extends down the center well of the xB and then makes a 45* turn and exits just before the right rear wheel, it just has no muffler. We will be using a straight through design muffler on our exhaust system (similar to the tC), so you can expect a minimum loss of power. We'll also be trying to keep the exhaust as straight as possible.
I never said a stock exhaust, i said a full exhaust. Meaning by piping from the header to the muffler, rather than using an open downpipe, a test pipe, or any thing else that could potentially and would alter the results of the dyno runs, comparing that to someone running a full exhaust. I never said stock exhaust.
Ok.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok.
What size piping will you be running? 2.5''?
Old 05-09-2006, 12:58 AM
Banned
SL Member

Yes, 2.5" from turbo back.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

can you use the strup with the kit?

sen.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scinergy

I think with the turbo it would be best to redo the exhaust system.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bump.. cause Greddy is losing all it's 06 customers, due to a change in the ECU from the 05's to the 06's. So lets get this train a rolling and pick them up on the way. Steam rollin to an xB near you soon. Wooo Haaa......
Old 05-16-2006, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just wanted to let all knwo that our kit is 06 compatiable...both our xB and xA ou an 06 and we have wiring diagrams for the ecu and emanage.

We will include both directions for either year with kit. Thanks
Old 05-17-2006, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

update?
Old 05-17-2006, 06:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dyno?
Old 05-19-2006, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

any updates?
Old 05-20-2006, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea uhh... so how's that xA kit coming along??
Old 05-20-2006, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is it going to be compatible with teh strup exhaust?

oh yea...

update?

sen.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

umm, any exhaust.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If Kenny or Nester don't chime in by Tues., I will find out what i can when im there on Tues. and give you guys some update's on Wed. night when i get back.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZPIracing
I just wanted to let all knwo that our kit is 06 compatiable...both our xB and xA ou an 06 and we have wiring diagrams for the ecu and emanage.

My deposit is already on its way.....Keep us posted on a release date.. I've already upgraded the clutch and am ready to drop this bad boy in.. shame greddy couldn't get their act together for us 06's.. they are setting on their asses right now and not putting ANY priority to this... this is bad for them sinc ethey were just featured in import tuner with this S/C kit...

I'm glad someone has put forth a lot of R&D into the newer model cars as well as the old ones...

Cheers!
Old 05-21-2006, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cz3ch
Originally Posted by ZPIracing

My deposit is already on its way.....Keep us posted on a release date.. I've already upgraded the clutch and am ready to drop this bad boy in.. shame greddy couldn't get their act together for us 06's.. they are setting on their asses right now and not putting ANY priority to this... this is bad for them sinc ethey were just featured in import tuner with this S/C kit...

I'm glad someone has put forth a lot of R&D into the newer model cars as well as the old ones...

Cheers!
Welcome to the other side my freind, it's gonna be a trip.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

God I can't wait.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What type of intake system would work with this setup zpi is running? I'm looking to go ahead a purchase that while we wait.

Oh! By the way...I picked up my '95 BCP last Friday!!!!! I've been reading posts on here for a long time. Finally, I get to share. WOO HOO (sry. know it's the wrong place, but had to get that out.)
Old 05-21-2006, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jdlong
What type of intake system would work with this setup zpi is running? I'm looking to go ahead a purchase that while we wait.

Oh! By the way...I picked up my '95 BCP last Friday!!!!! I've been reading posts on here for a long time. Finally, I get to share. WOO HOO (sry. know it's the wrong place, but had to get that out.)
If you are going to get this turbo you will not want to buy an intake, because the system will come with its own intake. Oh and congrats on your 95 BCP You meant to type 05 right ,

Quick Reply: ZPIRacing xB turbo kit update (98% complete)