Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

**NEW** Scion Logo Visor Decal by Streamlinedesign

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Burnout
If you don’t like the “Scion Oval 3D” style or color that I got, check out their website. They have different styles, you can get just the word Scion or a Scion oval (not 3D) with a boarder around it. Choose a style and pick the color you want. Here’s the list of color choices:

black w/silver print
beige w/ black print
white w/black print
silver metallic w/black print
bright red w/silver print
inferno red metallic w/silver print
dk blue metallic w/silver print
dark charcoal metallic w/silver print
shale green metallic w/silver print
gold metallic w/black print
bright yellow w/black print
bright orange w/black print
bright blue metallic w/silver print

SHADE SHIFT COLORS-
Blue/red w/silver print
Cranberry/gold w/silver print
Green/purple w/silver print
Gold/silver w/black print
Green/silver w/silver print
Blue/purple w/silver print
Pearlflash w/black print

The one I picked is exactly what I wanted. In my opinion, it matches great with my flint mica paint and goes well with my black/silver interior.
So are you affiliated with the website or something...you are pushing these things awfully hard...
Old 10-14-2005, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xa-minister
So are you affiliated with the website or something...you are pushing these things awfully hard...
No, not at all, just a happy customer. Just trying to stress the point that these are not "crap" as some have stated. The photos on the other hand, may be crap and that's my fault.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member

Hey burnout...is there a discount code that you know of when ordering from the website. I'm thinking about ordering some. Thanks
Old 10-20-2005, 01:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Update i bought a set and they are printed on a frinkin dot MATRIX...they are nice vinyl quality but god get a better printer!!!!! I ahvent even put them on yet becuase i am just not sure i really like them.....so this is my word to the wise...
Old 10-20-2005, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks for the heads up...I think I will pass based on your experience. I agree it is a good idea though...
Old 10-20-2005, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by TimmyT
The thing is. It LOOKS like you are just covering up the SRS warning labels. Wich you are. If they covered the entire portion of the visor it wouldn't look like that. Looks like someone measured the labels and then cut out a sticker slapped on a generic Scion logo and wants to charge people 20 bucks a pop to people?... how far off am i?

And it is still illegal. I don't know about you guys in your areas. But here in Cali cops look for any reason to pull over a modded car and guess what. They are quick to impound also if you have illegal parts on your car. Dunno bout you guys, but I enjoy my scion too much to risk anyting like that.. cause I don't like the SRS labels
actually a consumer CAN remove or cover the labels. a dealer or shop cannot.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Fsu1dolfan
Update i bought a set and they are printed on a frinkin dot MATRIX...they are nice vinyl quality but god get a better printer!!!!! I ahvent even put them on yet becuase i am just not sure i really like them.....so this is my word to the wise...
Just to clarify, no, the original poster is not affiliated with us (StreamlineDesign) other than being a repeat customer.

Also, and more importantly, we don't use a dot matrix printer. I don't know of a dot matrix printer than can print silver, or on vinyl.
The unit we use is a Roland PC-60 600 dpi plotter/thermal printer made for the sign and graphics industry. This plotter cost $8K - I only mention that because of the "get a better printer" comment.

It's one of a select few that can print silver on vinyl.
When printing a one-color graphic that has gradients there is going to be "dots".
It's the only way to simulate a color going from dark to light. Up close you can notice the dots, but in most real-world viewing situations they are not noticeable.

The other 2 Scion designs we offer don't have any gradients (or any "dots") if anyone is worried about that.

There are other newer, higher resoltion printers, some that use ink. But none of them print silver which severly limits the colors we can offer.

Not intending this to be spam, but just an explantion of the technique and results.

Thanks,
Rich Davis
Old 12-02-2005, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man, some people just jumped down this guy's throat. I think the decals look 150,000 times better than the warning labels. Let's face it--the decals are as pointless as labels that tell people not to give plastic bags to babies. That's one thing that bugged me about my car. My car has seat belt tags, SRS airbag tags on the seats, SRS emblems on the pillar, warnings about child safety seats in addition to the visor warning labels. I think if people just used some common sense we would not have to deal with these things. Duh, don't put your 25 pound child less than a foot away from an object that inflates at 180 mph.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by MonkeySan
Man, some people just jumped down this guy's throat. I think the decals look 150,000 times better than the warning labels. Let's face it--the decals are as pointless as labels that tell people not to give plastic bags to babies. That's one thing that bugged me about my car. My car has seat belt tags, SRS airbag tags on the seats, SRS emblems on the pillar, warnings about child safety seats in addition to the visor warning labels. I think if people just used some common sense we would not have to deal with these things. Duh, don't put your 25 pound child less than a foot away from an object that inflates at 180 mph.

Here's the deal buddy .....i actually bought them so i KNOW what they look like....and hmm the word that comes to mind is CHEAP ....sorry for being so harsh but i thought it was a brillant idea and IF they looked good then i would be praising and pushing his product as i do in my signature with other things that i do have!!! I agree those warnings suck but hell i could have printed these from my computer and probably would have came up with the same sh$t........I'm sorry to offend the Company but its called being honest and if i hadnt said anything someone else who have.....TRUST me i wanted to put these things on bad but im not happy with them bottom line.....DEAL with it!!

Side note: you want them $5 bucks just pm me.....ill even spring for shipping costs!