Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

'05 6-disc help needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I really hope that when I receive it, it will be okay. Please!
If not, I will have to post a solicitaion to fellow xA owners on the boards. I will update, when I get it and install it.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

error 3 is a common problem in the Lexus IS300 6 disc in dash as well, it's usually a jammed disc.

however, something maybe broken in the changer mechanism, either from shipping or prior to removal from the scion?
Old 11-30-2004, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member

Default Some Follow up on this issue

Been looking around on the Lexus sites to see what i could find and came up with this:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/for...howtopic=17158

The third message down:

"Connect it, turn ON and upside down, shake and bump it a little bit. This is how mine came free several times "

Sounds logical that something small is jamming the trays from a full cycle when the unit starts up. I'm going to try this when I can to see if it works or not. It's happening with a lot of the 6-disk units so it's got to be something small. One person suggested that the unit might have been damaged in shipping but the one that I received was packaged so good that it could have been dropped from a building and still been fine. Although we didn't use the scion unit for our project, I'd still like to see if it would work in my own Tacoma.

Anyone wanna try it before I get a chance to, let me know what you find.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member

I'm in the same boat as a few of you guys. I opened the player up and most likely it was damage through shipping. It looks like the person who sold it to me didn't follow the shipping directions on top of the HU

If you look closely you can see the 1st cd changer tray is misaligned.

Closer look.

Stuck back in.

It still doesn't work. I don't have time to mess with it some more right now. Anyone else want to give it a shot? Any suggestions?
Old 05-03-2005, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member

I tried it plugged in with the top open. It's jamming. I have no idea. I'm going to try to align everything up this weekend.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
N.G.S.O.

I also opened up the one I had. The round cushion things where not lined up. I tried to realign them but had no success. The face plate had a few dings on it. Thats why I think it was dropped.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:49 AM
5 Year Member

Default I fixed mine .!!!!!!!!!

I have about ten years experiance woriking with car audio and it is very tricky process with this unit ...... one was brought to me and it showed all the same errors. If the unit is not set to "ship mode" it causes the disk beds to diss-aling. Pioneer has developed a floating system with adjustable reader. the unit has to be taken to a proffecional .... but i won't stop there ...... lol I had to take the unit apart literlly all four springs holding the steel plate and six disk beds. once you release the jam the unit can be put into release mode. All beds will be able to move the up and down freely... I'm in so cal and can fix your unit if is just stuck.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:57 AM
5 Year Member

Default Re: I fixed mine .!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by mportillo77
I have about ten years experiance woriking with car audio and it is very tricky process with this unit ...... one was brought to me and it showed all the same errors. If the unit is not set to "ship mode" it causes the disk beds to diss-aling. Pioneer has developed a floating system with adjustable reader. the unit has to be taken to a proffecional .... but i won't stop there ...... lol I had to take the unit apart literlly all four springs holding the steel plate and six disk beds. once you release the jam the unit can be put into release mode. All beds will be able to move the up and down freely... I'm in so cal and can fix your unit if is just stuck.
thanks for the info. i'll mess with mine when i get a chance. school and work is killing me
Old 07-24-2005, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

All I can say to the people that want to do the swap for warranty. That is STEALING plain and simple. Please think about it.

Johncal