Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

3seater xA (pix)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Gee, you got me there... Hey, arent the cones supposed to stay up? Im sure the three seats helps you out a bunch.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:43 PM
Banned
SL Member

those are called pointer cones, used to direct you in the direction they point.

the 3rd seat comes out when i go racing.. no screwing around there..
Old 03-18-2005, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tamago
racing a box WOULD be laugable, especially since u'd be up against xA's in the same class, and we'd slaughter you
That's one reason why it'd be fun to race an xB, but the xAs have a huge advantage... but it's not really all that laughable. I've seen people run Honda Insights in autox... and I've seen Miatas with better times than Lamborghinis.

Of course, I don't want to get brake dust on my wheels, so that's why I don't race.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:52 PM
Banned
SL Member

i've heard every excuse in the book why people dont autoX lol

"nah man, i'm a drag racer" coming from a guy with a stock civic..
Old 03-18-2005, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member

That has to be the ugliest and stupidest thing I ever seen!!! If your such a big time racer why wouldn't you waste your money on performance parts instead of that ____. Just think about it.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Banned
SL Member

^^ because i still drive my car to and from, it's my daily driver. i can pull out the rear center seat easily, to go to autoX, and it does not interfere with my current 4point harness setup.

your mom ____ in your Wheaties this morning or something?
Old 03-18-2005, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

congrats on a job well done. I think it looks good. I guess some people don't understand function over form.

Did you custom make the new seat rail blocks? I wanted to move my seats on my box back a bit and figured the only way to do it is if I make some new blocks to bolt to. Are they welded to the body?
Old 03-18-2005, 06:19 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Hey Tamago, These are the same people who don't think twice about putting 800lbs of stereo and Video equipment in the car, Different Stroke for Differnt folks.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are some ignorant people on here, seriously. The man put a lot of work into doing something unique and all some of you can do is insult. Grow up people, he did a clean install.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

weight reduction is huge in autoX... and he has already invested a bunch in performance suspension parts which are much more important in the turns...

some may not like the look, but since tamago's dedicating his xA to the sport then this is a very worthy mod... props man...
Old 03-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by Big Boy Phil
congrats on a job well done. I think it looks good. I guess some people don't understand function over form.

Did you custom make the new seat rail blocks? I wanted to move my seats on my box back a bit and figured the only way to do it is if I make some new blocks to bolt to. Are they welded to the body?
the seat brackets are made out of 6061 aluminum tube/strap, and weigh in the neighborhood of 2 lbs or so..
Old 03-18-2005, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I like it ... Nice job! How was it making the back seat brackets?
Old 03-19-2005, 12:14 AM
EMU
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Now thatis original "I LIKE IT"! thats a perfect set up for autox for a seatbelt idea for the rear i suggest a four point in which you can bolt to the seat brackets and the rear to some where by the trunk, maybe where the spare tire bolt is? should work.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Dude! Original, and functional!

On a very serious side not tho. . . I've been getting REALLY annoyed at SL for the last month or so. . . all these idiots are coming up and posting really stupid posts. . . yeah yeah, to be fair, they have to be free to express their opinions, but damnit, enough is enough. It's like there are these little kids posting stupid comments and laughing at Tamago (who is kickin butt in autox). Then there are these idiot people who post on xA and xB forums spouting off about how ugly they are. There used to be some issues with a certain someone who would constantly talk smack on tC's. . . but that STOPPED. Oh yeah, and then the idiots going off about beating SS Camaro's and WS6's in their bone stock Camaro's and 35 nitrous shot Corolla S's. And then there's people telling others that HID's will melt your headlights because the K's are higher. I mean c'mon! I really wish these people could just get booted. . . it's a waste of bandwidth and everyone's time. It's misinformation-R-us.

When I first joined, almost a year ago, everyone was so keen to help out, and make constructive criticisms. . . I know I won't get it my way, but to all those ebay rice chip moddifiers and ignorant pompous airheads, you guys are ALL . So STFU, cause nobody cares nor wants to hear your stupid, stupid opinions.

Back to the topic, those seats rock. Being able to stay IN your seat is MUCH more important in autocross than a lot of well placed engine mods. I know, because I've dabbled around, and it's not easy shifting and controlling the car, when your head is pressed against the side window. It's also convenient, as you now have 3 seats, and it would take little work to pop that sucker out for track days. I can't wait to see what other mods you come up with.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did anybody notice there are footprints on the headliner? I friend of mine had those in his SUV. Some girl did them but I can't say here how it happened... but everybody here can imagine it.

Tamago, I hope you had fun having those made!
Old 03-19-2005, 04:52 AM
Banned
SL Member

hehe the prints were made by my ex and yes, it was FUN! fold down those rear seats.. and.. um.. have a conversation about abstinence... naked..

lavabox, i used 2" 12 GA aluminum strap for the rear brackets. i'll be re-doing with 1X2" tubing, get a couple more cm's of height.

the seatbelt will actually attach to a Cpillar brace i have planned. :D
Old 03-19-2005, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, you know some real _______s...
Anyway, I think it looks ok and I'm sure losing that weight surely helps w/ autocross. BTW, dissenting opinion is fine, but expressing those opinions in a less harsh manner doesn't hurt. Conversely, expressing them the way some people do on these boards just makes people look like jerks.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tamago
Originally Posted by squareone
What is the point of three seats? Especailly racing seats in an xa... I dont get it.
especially in an xA as opposed to which car?

well, i race. so racing seats make sense.

i've dropped over 150 lbs doing this 3 seat setup.
i like having more than 2 seats.
i've always liked the idea of one in the center seating for teh rear.. remember when u were a kid, the middle was always teh seat u wanted when u sat in the back.. so i took it a step further. that's the ONLY seat back there

i bet if i drove another 3 seater car, u'd be jizzing yourself
Yes, true. The only problem is, you seem to have put the seats in the wrong order.

3-seat sportscars have one front seat and two back seats. Seeing as that is the McLaren F1 pictured, your seating arrangement should look like this:

Nice work though... You did loose a significant amount of weight in your car, without loosing the whole backseat! Do your racing seats recline?
Old 03-19-2005, 06:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

still looks stupid lol
Old 03-19-2005, 07:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Minor nitpicking comment: Are those seats mismatched? You might want to change up the order, I think there's one seat with piping and a tire-tread pattern, and two plain seats...

Quick Reply: 3seater xA (pix)