Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

About the LED

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member

Default About the LED

Wassup guys.~
I just bought my xB last 2 weeks ago and i have found little bit of problem
with mt LED illumination enhancement.
I ordered Blue LED and it works pretty well but there are very slight color change.
On the Driver Side, the LED has more of light blue and on the passanger side, it has more dark blue.
So. i took this vehicle and went to the dealer where i bought and they said "Looks same for me"
I mean..all three of machanics..I was like..are you guys blind?
and they still said it is the same..
What should i do??
One of those guy told me that eveny xB has same LED...
and that doensn't help me anything..
So..I hope you guys have great answer..
Thx Guys//
Old 02-12-2007, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tell them that in your opinion, the color is not the same, and they need to order you a replacement set, plain and simple, you are the customer and it has to be 100 % perfect in yor opinion, not some tech.. you are the one who is not only paying for this vehicle, but you are the one who is driving it every day... one thing though you may want to check...
check the Led's themselves, under the dash and under the seats. make sure they they are all turned the same direction - i mean, make sure one side is not pointing up too high, into the bottom of the dash, or the other side might be pointing twords the seats - make sure they are even as they will rotate in their mounts, at the same time, look at the color of the leds and verify that they are the same colors. also verify that the end caps are all pushed in all the way. i had one of mine just pop off for no reason, so i glued it back on. what you can check in 5 min takes the dealer 2 hours to get to, and it maybe a simple fix you can do in your driveway. if not, go back and tell them you are not happy, and they have to order you another set, because in "your opinion, the colors don't match perfectly". remember you shelled out the 15k+, not the dealer....