Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Aftermarket alarm options for a tc

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 03:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Aftermarket alarm options for a tc

Every tc owner out there with an aftermarket alarm, speak up. I need some info on what you all did about our keys and if they can still be used with any after market systems. And i am talking about the keyless buttons on the key. I would be mostly interested in any dei alarm, like viper, python, clifford and so on. Thanks for the help
Old 04-19-2005, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a Schosch(sp) alarm w/remote pager. I can't use the keyless entry buttons on my keys anymore, otherwise it'll goof up the alarm.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:26 AM
5 Year Member

Default aftermarket alarm

I have a Clifford alarm and I can still use the keyless entry buttons, but of course not when the alarm is on. But the only time I use them is when I want to lock the car but not set the alarm up.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member

Is there any alarm system that would allow me to still use the keyless entry without a problem? I'm just looking for a 2 way pager without remote start and keyless entry.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I got the Clifford Matrix 2.5, and I love it. I still can use the key pad on the key, as well as my little carbon fiber alarm remote.. its pretty sweet! I think the only thing is... the passenger's side door unlocks about 1/2 second after the other doors.. why? I dont know.. But.. the alarm is definelty kick ___!

Old 04-25-2005, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stu
the passenger's side door unlocks about 1/2 second after the other doors.. why? I dont know..
My aftermarket keyless entry does that too... odd, since I thought I was the only one!
Old 04-25-2005, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member

About how much is that Clifford Matrix 2.5X alarm?
Old 04-25-2005, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got some keyless alarm upgrade thingy HA! That came with the shock sensors and all the trimmins, AND it still works with my key no problem. The only thing different is when i unlock the doors the horn honks and now the parking lights flash that's it. But i still have the option to press it twice to unlock the passenger door. One good thing about it is, that if i give my valet key out to toyota or whatever if they use the key to unlock the doors..it will also arm/disarm the alarm, which i thought was cool! This system costed me $150 installed.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:58 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by scoobyroo2002
I got some keyless alarm upgrade thingy HA! That came with the shock sensors and all the trimmins, AND it still works with my key no problem. The only thing different is when i unlock the doors the horn honks and now the parking lights flash that's it. But i still have the option to press it twice to unlock the passenger door. One good thing about it is, that if i give my valet key out to toyota or whatever if they use the key to unlock the doors..it will also arm/disarm the alarm, which i thought was cool! This system costed me $150 installed.
Is that the Scion Security system? Or is it an aftermarket brand? Please clarify.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

O sorry it's aftermarket.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Definitely not the Scion Security if it was only $150 after install. Scion's Security is like $400+ installed usually... (maye a little less, but that's close).
Old 04-26-2005, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I got the AutoMate 415 with window module. Works perfectly. Press lock on keys and alarm arms and locks all doors. Press unlock once and driver side door unlocks and alarm disarms, press unlock twice and passenger side unlocks. If windows are down when you park, press lock, alarm arms, doors lock, and windows roll up automatically.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I WANT THAT!....i think the alarm i have has that option...i better ask the place where i got it from. I want the window roll up thingy too!
Old 04-26-2005, 05:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Clifford
Viper
Python
They are all the same company. They seem to make pretty good stuff I have their alarm and I have had no problems
Old 04-26-2005, 06:25 AM
5 Year Member

The Viper 330V is an add-on that uses the existing in-key buttons. I'm currently getting one installed. My tc is the first that the shop has installed it in and they ran into some problems while programming it yesterday. Since Viper's tech help line isn't open on Sunday, I need to go back tomorrow for them to complete the installation.

So, incase this is a problem other installers will run into, you might want to make sure you get it installed on a weekday (or maybe Saturday) when the shop can call for assistance if they need it. If it ends up being a problem that Viper can't resolve, I'll post back here to let you all know to avoid it.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stu
I have the exact same remote, but mine was called the Clifford responder, not the 2.5 or whatever. i dont know if there is a difference, but I would agree this this system kick ___. You get paged if someone breaks you cars glass, whats better than that. You can also remote start the car with the system. Only draw back is that it cost me 600 for the system and installation.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anything from DEI is good, its pretty much the same thing. i have the valet 554r and i like it. here's a pic i took for ya.

Old 04-26-2005, 12:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jrv2000
Originally Posted by Stu
I have the exact same remote, but mine was called the Clifford responder, not the 2.5 or whatever. i dont know if there is a difference, but I would agree this this system kick ___. You get paged if someone breaks you cars glass, whats better than that. You can also remote start the car with the system. Only draw back is that it cost me 600 for the system and installation.
Actually.. my alarm was won at the Koons Scion of Annapolis carshow. I got that whole alarm, plus install for a $5 raffle ticket.. how lucky was that? That was my first "Mod" to my tC. But.. yes.. that alarm is great.. I've caught people messing with my car on several occasions.. just let that alarm rip, and scared the shiznit out of them. If you can fork out the loot for that system.. I would reccomend that one!
Old 04-26-2005, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stu
Actually.. my alarm was won at the Koons Scion of Annapolis carshow. I got that whole alarm, plus install for a $5 raffle ticket.. how lucky was that? That was my first "Mod" to my tC. But.. yes.. that alarm is great.. I've caught people messing with my car on several occasions.. just let that alarm rip, and scared the shiznit out of them. If you can fork out the loot for that system.. I would reccomend that one!
$5. I wish I was so lucky.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:18 AM
5 Year Member

Well...the Viper 330V isn't looking so good. Went back to the installer today and they still couldn't get it programmed. Had 4 people looking at it. Apparently, the 330V can't be programmed for a tC using the method described in the install manual. It actually needs to be connected to Viper's bitwriter to set it up. BUT... the 330V is relatively new it seems and doesn't work with older bitwriters. So, the shop is ordering a chip to upgrade their writer which should solve this. I need to wait till they receive it though before I can get my alarm finished.

Don't know any way to check on this - don't know the firmware/chipID/whatever for the bitwriter to check. But if you decide to go with the 330V, at least ask first if they have the newest chip in their bitwriter.

Back on Saturday to see if they can finish up...

Quick Reply: Aftermarket alarm options for a tc