Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

antenna wire

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member

Default antenna wire

damn, I accidentally cut my antenna wire, I tried to wire it back togeteher but when I turn my stereo on it just blows the ACC fuse. :? any idea why.. I think I might just do it all over and just buy a new antenna wire set-up so how and where do the wires connect to..

thanks
Old 02-18-2004, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ouch, i think this is first.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: antenna wire

Originally Posted by betlog
damn, I accidentally cut my antenna wire, I tried to wire it back togeteher but when I turn my stereo on it just blows the ACC fuse. :? any idea why.. I think I might just do it all over and just buy a new antenna wire set-up so how and where do the wires connect to..

thanks
Are you talking about the antenna wire or your power antenna wire? The antenna wire shouldnt be blowing fuses, and if its your power antenna wire, check all your connections you have something crossed.

Do you have an aftermarket deck?
Old 02-18-2004, 02:08 AM
5 Year Member

it's the wire that goes into your stereo deck so it must be the power antenna wire..I'll try and go through my wiring harness and see if I crossed wires...could it be that crossed speaker wires may have messed it up, coz 'm pretty sure I got my ground/acc/power supply right..guess i'll check 'em again..

BTW glad to be the first of something

thanks
Old 02-18-2004, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

it's the wire that goes into your stereo deck so it must be the power antenna wire..I'll try and go through my wiring harness and see if I crossed wires...could it be that crossed speaker wires may have messed it up, coz 'm pretty sure I got my ground/acc/power supply right..guess i'll check 'em again..

BTW glad to be the first of something

thanks
a crossed speaker wire will not do it. All that would do is put your speakers out of phase. What you want to check is make sure the there is no bare wires exposed. You possibly could of hooked up your power antenna output coming out of your deck to the accessory wire.

I dont konw if you mentioned if it was a stock or aftermarket deck?

If it was an aftermarket, did you use a harness adapter? If you did, the wires coming out of the aftermarket deck should match up identical with the colors on the adapter harness.

If you didnt and you cut your wires. Use a mulitmeter to make sure you have the proper wires going in to the right connections.

I believe the grey wire from the factory harness is your accessory wire. That wire should be hooked up to the red wire of the aftermarket stereo harness.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:24 AM
5 Year Member

i have solid grey and striped grey for speakers, my acc wire from my harness matches the stock one which is yellow....i metered it and it shows power but my aftermarket stereo won't go on 'til the power antenna gets connected, but then when I do it just blows the fuse...thinking 'bout it starts to irritae me a lil bit....hopefully i won't be up all night trying to figure this thing out..
Old 02-18-2004, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i have solid grey and striped grey for speakers, my acc wire from my harness matches the stock one which is yellow....i metered it and it shows power but my aftermarket stereo won't go on 'til the power antenna gets connected, but then when I do it just blows the fuse...thinking 'bout it starts to irritae me a lil bit....hopefully i won't be up all night trying to figure this thing out..
What radio do you have? Because if you have standard CEA wire colors it should go as followings:

http://www.streetdreams.com/wires/toyota/general.html

Use that chart to match up the colors if you are not using a adapter harness. Your stereo should not turn on when you connect the power antenna wire then blow a fuse!
Old 02-18-2004, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

here is another site for reference...

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Toyota-Wiring.pdf