Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Anyone have the Stock Bazooka Subwoofer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Anyone have the Stock Bazooka Subwoofer?

Hey, if you have it, do you think it was worth the money? How was the sound? I dont care if it isnt better than an aftermarket option, but do you feel ripped off?

Peace
Old 03-31-2004, 05:55 PM

I heard it in my dealers demo, it was muddy and lacked definition and detail. I'd rather have no bass than bad bass.

Check out edesignaudio.com if you plan on going aftermarket, awesome products, awesome prices.

Old 04-01-2004, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I have one that I just bought as a part and installed myself. It won't put your ***** in your watchpocket but it's OK and doesn't take up too much room.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~scott
Old 04-01-2004, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

got it on mine... same as above... space saver. good enough for the money, i'm not a sound tech so i don't need to hear fine tuned bass lines and what not. as long as it's got a little bump to it it's fine with me and that's what it does.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:41 AM
5 Year Member

I got one too. I am not really all that happy with it and feel that I could have gotten something better for the same or less money.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

I kinda want to buy a bazooka retail and buy the harness from the dealer. I want a bit of thump, but I want to be able to take it out whenever...
Old 04-01-2004, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

you can take it out pretty easily... gots 4 wing nuts i think and then just the plug
Old 04-01-2004, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I mean I'm not into seting up my own amp/speakers. I know to some people its a hobbie to do that, but I never really got into it. I'm really lazy, and I could easily just settle for the stock player. But I'd like alittle sub sound. It's so easy to just buy it like that and drive you new car away with it, but everyone I ask about it says its way over priced. Well, as long as it sounds decent.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

I got it, mainly cuase I just don't wanna screw with any thing else, plus most amp sub combos I have had always have realiablity issues, loose wires or bad parts. Its diffently too damn expensive, but I added the remote gain control 14.99 from Crutchfeild and it make it pretty tolerable, its damn sloopy though. It's ported, I keep playing with the idea of sealing the port and see what happens. If I had it to do again I doubt I would pay for it again, But its a fair about of bass without having to lose my car for a day or cut up a bunch of stuff on my new car. If they asked maybe 200 or 250 for it, it might be worth it. But if you have it the remote for it is worth the 15 bucks, makes it twice as useful.
Old 04-18-2004, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
NM SCIONS

SL Member

I heard it at my dealer, and I love the bass! It's just enough for me. I may buy it when I get my XB but haven't decided yet.

Hopefully getting XB Black Cherry Pearl
Old 04-18-2004, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can get a sealed 12 and 200 watt RMS amp from your local best buy or circuit city that will perfom easily as well as this bazooka tube. I would definately not mess with it.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member

Got it in the wifes xB along with the XM option. I've long outgrown the desire to put 2K into a car stereo just to have some scumbag do a smash and grab on my car. Lost 2 systems that way in OC CA in the early 90s.

It's got decent bass, sounds a slight bit muddier than the RS 8" in my truck, but hey, it's factory installed, warrantied, and I didn't have to dick with running wires.

Gonna 'pimp' out your car later? Don't bother with it. Going to just drive the thing and want some better sound? In that case it's a decent option, no better or worse that any premium car subwoofer.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:27 PM
xb
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the sales manager is my friend, he told me don't buy it, so i just don't bother, but i want to put the sub on anyway. so, is it only the OEM bazooka sucks or the 10" pre-amp bazooka from the retail store will be much better, what's your idea?
Old 05-22-2004, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It is great... we test drove one with it and had to put the bass on -3 just to make it not be to powerful im in to connecting my own stuff up but this is warrantied.... i wonder if since its from the factory and is warrantied if i blow it would they replace it... has ayone blown it?

I would personally buy it with it i mean it souds good expecially with the windows down and will get you attention it may not make your ears bleed or win an competetion but if ur just cruising u will like it and plus if bazooka comes out with something more powerful it should work...

Is the that comes with it the 8 inch or ten inch?

How many watts?