Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Armrest by tb

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Hey TB.
So yer stickin with it eh?
I would be interested and would support you on the first one.BUT,
Soon as that JJ Products one came about I was on it like.....well lets just say I was on it!
Glad to see you may have some help with this.
I hope people support your time and effort you have put into it.
Havent seen you in the chatroom for a while.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yea.. been busy, i'll be in the room tonight... trader :twisted: whatever works best for you... i was thinking everyone would head that way also, but then again it doesn't have storage and i'm not comfortable with messing with my new seats so i figured others wouldn't either. this is just easier for people, no tools needed. better that way. the JJP one is irreversible also, that's also a thing i didn't like about it. it's an awesome idea and it looks awesome, glad a real company was actually starting to make things.

al, just got done making your mount... needs some finishing work and a lot of sanding, but just test fitted it in my car and it works... after i get it smoothed out and looking right i'll head down to my dealership and test it on an xb and see how it fits, should fit the same, but just to be sure
Old 06-03-2004, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the update tB!

Yeah, I'm glad people have options, isn't that what it's all about ?

I personally like the thought and design you have put into your mount, I can't wait to give your armrest mount a ride. Would definitely add more coolness to my autoBox and hopefully, this will get other companies to get as excited about Scions as we all are!

Al.Truistic
aB

Originally Posted by tbblizzard
yea.. been busy, i'll be in the room tonight... trader :twisted: whatever works best for you... i was thinking everyone would head that way also, but then again it doesn't have storage and i'm not comfortable with messing with my new seats so i figured others wouldn't either. this is just easier for people, no tools needed. better that way. the JJP one is irreversible also, that's also a thing i didn't like about it. it's an awesome idea and it looks awesome, glad a real company was actually starting to make things.

al, just got done making your mount... needs some finishing work and a lot of sanding, but just test fitted it in my car and it works... after i get it smoothed out and looking right i'll head down to my dealership and test it on an xb and see how it fits, should fit the same, but just to be sure
Old 06-10-2004, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Al.Truistic
Thanks for the update tB!

Yeah, I'm glad people have options, isn't that what it's all about ?

I personally like the thought and design you have put into your mount, I can't wait to give your armrest mount a ride. Would definitely add more coolness to my autoBox and hopefully, this will get other companies to get as excited about Scions as we all are!

Al.Truistic
aB

any updates??

Pb
Old 06-10-2004, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

oh, were other people still interested in it? i'm finishing up on al's right now, i had to redesign the mount since my mold broke. just using the rear cupholder since that's the only thing the armrest was held up by. the front arm wasn't connected to the armrest so it was just extras that didn't need to be made.
i just picked up al's saturn armrest today, going to modify it today and put on some more filler on his mount to get the level perfect. i'll take some pics when it's completed.
thanks for waiting on me al. these things take some time to make, but the way i'm doing it now i can have one complete within a week. if anyone's interested pm me.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is the Saturn armrest going to be OK without that front bottom support and just connected to the cupholder mount?
Maybe the front bottom support can be a separate piece that is still fixed to the armrest but, not part of the main cupholder support mold? Giving added support for leaning and shifting on that part of the armrest yet simplifying the mold...

Anyways, thanks for the updates Todd, this is exciting :D ! This project looks like it will yield the most promising armrest mod that is real to date...I would think there would be some interest in it just with the progress being made and the effort being put out by tbblizzard.

Al.Truistic
aB

oh, were other people still interested in it? i'm finishing up on al's right now, i had to redesign the mount since my mold broke. just using the rear cupholder since that's the only thing the armrest was held up by. the front arm wasn't connected to the armrest so it was just extras that didn't need to be made.
i just picked up al's saturn armrest today, going to modify it today and put on some more filler on his mount to get the level perfect. i'll take some pics when it's completed.
thanks for waiting on me al. these things take some time to make, but the way i'm doing it now i can have one complete within a week. if anyone's interested pm me.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I too am still interested.
I would much rather just plop your armrest in....and remove it anytime I like.
Also my wife and I use different settings for the seatback...the fixed armrest will point down when she is driving.

please keep us posted.
and thanks for your work
Old 06-11-2004, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

al, i'll check into it after i get yours mounted and see if i can use a front support on it. i've been using mine for weeks and it honestly doesn't need a front support. the liped edges around the rear cupholder will hold if there is any forward movement. the fiberglass is about 1/8" thick, that's approx. 3 layers, which should be hella strong for this. if anything, the front support would have to be made of wood and i have no clue how i would mount it to the armrest besides making a U shape for front skinny portion of the armrest to rest on.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

al, i'll check into it after i get yours mounted and see if i can use a front support on it. i've been using mine for weeks and it honestly doesn't need a front support. the liped edges around the rear cupholder will hold if there is any forward movement. the fiberglass is about 1/8" thick, that's approx. 3 layers, which should be hella strong for this. if anything, the front support would have to be made of wood and i have no clue how i would mount it to the armrest besides making a U shape for front skinny portion of the armrest to rest on.
dude any pics? I want one, but i'm down in Miami...

Pb
Old 06-20-2004, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

no pics yet... i'll try to have them up sometime soon. i'm just working on making more mounts right now. just pulled one yesterday from my console.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

k, here's the new style mount.. sorry i haven't gotten them up sooner... haven't worked on these for a little while now, been busy with school. this mount still needs a lot more filler and sanding, but the level is set and you can tell from the pic of the bottom that the flanges over the sides will really make this sturdy.

there's one more pic but my damn camera phone is being retarded and won't send the pic to my email so i'll have to post it up later. it's just the front angle view... remember that you will not see this at all, the fabric wrap will hide the mount completely.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Old 06-25-2004, 08:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

hey todd... some guy email me asking if I wanted to buy a armrest mount for my xA. Either you copied him (doubtful) or he copied yours...but he has a final product...or at least a picture of it

http://www.mikochu.com/junk/armrestmount.jpg

|i|g|o|t|b|o|r|e|d|
Old 06-25-2004, 01:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

WTF!!? that's the same picture as mine just flipped and blacked out... who the hell asked you that?
Old 06-25-2004, 01:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

see, this is why i don't like to post pictures... ____en thieves.

looks the same to me, except mine is a real picture of something
every detail in the picture is almost the same...
Old 06-25-2004, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

lol, I'm just kidding. I got bored last night...
Old 06-25-2004, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lmao

I am still interested too if things ever end up working out make sure to post a group buy.
Originally Posted by mikochu
lol, I'm just kidding. I got bored last night...
Old 06-25-2004, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

you ___ i was about to beat a head in with my mount

oki, i don't think i'd ever be able to do a group buy because i have to make them one by one. i'm not working with a mold so it's pretty hard to produce a large quantity... i tape my console up, then foil it then lay the fiberglass, then pull it off, cut it, and fill it. it's a long process... the next person that buys one is paying for my loss of skin on my knuckles.. these things are a perfect fit everytime so it's really hard to pull the cast off.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

lol, that's why I posted it...because I was like "man, that'd suck if someone stole his idea..."
Old 06-25-2004, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

...that's so not right...

Al.Truistic
aB
Originally Posted by mikochu
lol, that's why I posted it...because I was like "man, that'd suck if someone stole his idea..."

Quick Reply: Armrest by tb