Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Armrest by tb

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

hey roscoe, I just got done painting it today. I just need to go pick up an armrest from Saturn and mount it then off to the upholstry shop and it's done. I'll keep you updated and take some pics of it with the wrap so everyone can see what it looks like.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I love the armrest Todd. I wanted to make a suggestion, after riding with the armrest wonderfully for a while I started to notice a little rocking in it, especially after having one of my friends lean on it. The nose of the armrest would dip down, no biggie, but possibly a reason to add back the front most support that was originally a part of the design.

I took the armrest out to look at it and noticed the double-sided tape holding it to the mount was seperating in a few spots definitely adding to the rocking of the armreat. There is no side-to-side rocking at all, damn solid in that department. My solution was to drill some pilot holes and sink a couple of wood screws in holes at the bottom of the armrest into the mount. Works perfectly and no more rocking from the seperating tape problem. Still wondering about the front support and how to add that in after the fact but, all-in-all a great addition to the interior.

Oh yeah, it definitely adds to a more comfortable driving experience IMO. Way better than not having one... :D

Great job Todd!
Old 08-03-2004, 04:04 AM
5 Year Member

Default armrest

Hey Todd,
How is my armrest coming? Let me know when you think it will be finished.
Thanks,javascript:emoticon('')
Roscoe
Old 08-03-2004, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

tried a different method of making the mount and didn't turn out like i thought it would. going back to my old way. i'll start getting the cast glassed tomorrow. wasted two days on it trying this new way
schools over now so i can work on it when i get home from work everyday. should be quick. roscoe, i can't remember if you were the one from S.D. living in AZ or something like that, i've got about 10 different PM's for armrests and have a crap memory. if you were the one in S.D. then yours is already done, i'm just waiting on Saturn to get the armrest in so I can mount and wrap it.
whoever had the next one... i'm working on it, have it going soon. i've forgotten who came first so, whoever shouts out first will get the next one i'm working on. i had a list of all the names but supposedly forgot to save it on my computer.
using al's idea for the screws and tried it on mine. put 6 drywall screws in, three in front, three in rear, and coupled with the double-sided tape it is super firm now. no motion in any direction on.
roscoe, depending on when Saturn gets it in it could take till the end of this week. it will take me a day to get it mounted and two days to get it wrapped since i plan on dropping 3 armrests down to get wrapped. (one of them is mine)
Old 08-03-2004, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

nm, roscoe, read back on older posts and this one is yours. i'll have it ready soon. i'll probably end up dropping yours off before i get this next one done. :D
Old 08-03-2004, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, that must be REAL solid! Just with the two screws that there were holes for it was pretty stable, already. Good going, Todd. :D

Al.Truistic
aB
Originally Posted by tbblizzard
...using al's idea for the screws and tried it on mine. put 6 drywall screws in, three in front, three in rear, and coupled with the double-sided tape it is super firm now. no motion in any direction...
Old 08-03-2004, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

thanks al :D

alright, roscoe, i just picked up your armrest at saturn, it'll be mounted today and dropped off tomorrow to get wrapped.

whoever wants the next one it's about to be pulled and started with the filling and sanding.

taken earlier, just set in the dry foam block to set the level and put on the top layers of fiberglass. it should be dry enough in an hour or two to pull it without it cracking. after it's pulled it should be complete this weekend since i have a lot of free time now. i just put 5 more armrests on order at Saturn so no more wait times for them anymore. if no one claims this one by this weekend i'm just going to post it on ebay.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

some pics for those of you that have been wondering what the fabric wrapping was for. basically for the people in the back seats since you can't see it in the front seats. Overall, just makes it cleaner/stock looking.

Jared- this is your armrest.

Old 08-18-2004, 12:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you making molds from the Saturn armrest and selling them or buying them from Saturn and attaching the mounting hardware?

I would like one, but will pass on the fabric since the color matches anyhow.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I make a cast from the scion console and attach the Saturn armrest to it. Without the fabric wrap you will see the mount from the backseat and it will not look pretty. The wrap just hides everything.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

PRAISE
Originally Posted by evomind
just to let ya all know, todd makes a custom armrest that is just awesome...
i purchased one from him and i can tell you its 10x better than what the online stores are offering.....his customer service was also excellent....
Old 09-03-2004, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member

Default THE BEST ARMREST YOU CAN BUY FOR THE XB!!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that Todd makes the best armrest/center console for the Scion xB. I received mine about two weeks ago and just ordered another one for a friend. His customer service is top notch and the product is OEM quality! If you have any questions, just let me know. I also have some good pics if you are interested in seeing them. His price is better than anything you will fine elsewhere as well.

Jared
Old 09-04-2004, 03:48 AM
5 Year Member

Default How do I buy The Best Armrest You Can Buy For The XB???

I want one! How do I get one?

Chas
Old 09-04-2004, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

You have record yourself doing the "I'm a little teapot" dance, send it to tbblizzard, then pm him and he'll reply with a message saying if you are eligible to buy one of his armrests...
Old 11-17-2004, 04:08 AM
5 Year Member

awesome job. I want one