Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

:arrow: New Xb, Need to know about the Radio!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member

Default :arrow: New Xb, Need to know about the Radio!!

I pull into my Scion Dealership and they have one... A Hot Lava, and it's Automatic... WOOT!

So now I have a question. I was going to get my Blue Scion with the basic radio because I wanted to replace it with one that had the multidisk in dash and an Aux Jack. But this comes with the 6 disk, so what I want to know is:

Does anyone know if the Xb Radio Upgrade has a P-Bus or IP-Bus port on the back for external connections. From what I can find, the Pioneer XM radio upgrades use the IP-Bus to connect, and therefore it should, but Inquiring minds want to know.

Why I am asking is I would like to add an Pioneer CD-RB10 P- Bus MCD To Aux Input Adaptor http://www.crutchfield.com/S-HJczPZe...=0&cc=01&avf=N or a Pioneer CDRB20 Auxiliary Input Adapter for IP-Bus Receivers http://www.crutchfield.com/S-HJczPZe...=0&cc=01&avf=N to my car so I can hook up my iPod and use it for music, I HATE the FM Modulator adaptors with a passion.

so let me know if anyone can tell me, of if anyone knows what the Pioneer part number is for our head end.

I'll post a Pix when my car comes home Tuesday!

IEG
Old 04-09-2004, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

i believe that the xm connection is a special connection that pioneer made just for the Scion radios. There was a forum about it but can't find it. You have to buy the xm from the dealer