Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Avic D3 and Sirius Install w/ pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 02:54 AM

Default Avic D3 and Sirius Install w/ pics

Ok all. I just want to take some time here and thank everyone for some help. This is my first post here but I have been reading posts now for about a month. I took a lot of information from you all to put together some new things on my xB.

So far I have installed a Sirius radio with an SIRPVK1 kit along with my NEW Avic D3. These two things came from recommendations of forum members and turned out to be great ones at that.

I have some pics of the final install but did not manage to get any while doing it (I was really anxious to get them in).

I went with the Sirius kit because I am able to swivel it for passenger or driver viewing and so I could put cups in the cup holder. I also wanted to have a crystal clear sound so the kit uses the antenna port to get the sound direct to the stereo.

Here they are...

I ran both the Sirius and the GPS antenna to the top of the dash under the dash mat. I put them just above the right speaker on the dash and have had no problems with reception for either device.

All information I used for this install came from members here so I wanted to give a shout out for the help.

Thanks all!
Old 01-16-2008, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why didnt you get a sir pnr2? so you dont have to run the stand alone sirius unit?
Old 01-17-2008, 05:29 AM

Well, I got the SIRIUS unit for Xmas and put that in first. Then decided that it was time to do an upgrade to the HU and went with a HU that just so happens to take a SIRIUS unit.

Just how it turned out I guess. Since I already had the SIRIUS installed and paid for, I wasn't going to take the time and money to get the one for the HU.

I still need the Bluetooth connection and want to know if someone knows a good deal for one.

Thanks!
Old 01-17-2008, 02:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Yea, I would've preferred the internal unit... even so... the D3 is a really nice HU, you'll be happy with it.