Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

bBist Gauge issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

Default bBist Gauge issues

I'm having 3 "issues" with the new bBist gauge that I'v installed. I wish I could offer up some photos but by the time I took them, scanned them, and figured out how to get them on here I would have pulled my hair out trying to get this fixed

Ok here they are

1) The needles don't light up

2) The inverter makes an irratating whinning noise

3) The numbers don't light up... the back ground does.

Now I have red to the green wire on the connector, and black to ground. Is this correct or should I have it the other way around? Also I disconnected the "old" light on the spedo from coming on. Is this correct?

Thanks for any help.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You seem to have the gauge installed improperly. The black wire connects to a good chassis ground, the red connects to a power source that has current when you turn on you light switch. The gauge face lines up with the two small OEM bumps on the gauge in order to stay in place.

DO NOT DISCONNECT ANYTHING ON YOU OEM GAUGE (this is why your needles do not light up)

We designed this to work with the OEM unit. Just slide the bBist gauge face over the needles.

The whining you hear is normal with anything that is "indiglow". Unfortunately this sound cannot be avoided due to the transformer that makes your gauge light up.

Hope this helps you, if not, please visit a service shop that is familiar with electrical work.

As for the backgound lighting up and not the needles, I'm not sure what you are talking about unless you post a pic (or email me one). We only made a gauge where the lines and number light up, not the backgound.

Good luck!

-Steve
Old 09-20-2005, 08:22 AM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

Thank you Steve. I did get the needles to light back up by reconnecting my wire into the connecter and splicing off of it to the inverter. I also moved the inverter and built a little insulated box to go around it so I can barely hear it at it's loudest. I can't figure out why the white part lights up (background) but the wife likes it better that way because you can see the speedo needle a lot easier so I've decided to leave it. Hope you got that picture I emailed to you. Thanks again.

Chad
Old 09-21-2005, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad to hear that your problem is solved!

-Steve
Old 03-29-2007, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Have you noticed any hum from the gauge itself? Maybe my ears are just super sensitive but I noticed far more noise from the gauge itself and not the inverter. I am curious to know what you did for the inverter insulation box though.