Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Best or recommended car amps and subs

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member

Default Best or recommended car amps and subs

Just wanted to get some feedback on what you guys think are the best amps/ subs for the xB. I'm looking for good quality at a reasonable price. I'd like the amp to be able to push a dual voice coil 12" woofer in a single sub enclosure box. I want an amp that produces clear, but hard hitting lows. So far I've been looking at the Performance Teknique 7 series and MA Audio amps. There are just so many choices out there and I'm in the market for making an upgrade that will last me a long time.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well I have my Kicker Amps for sale.

The Kicker zx750.1 has been the nicest Class D amp Ive used in my multiple systems put in my cars. Its 750w rms @ 2ohms, perfect for a single 12" even though I use it on a Kicker 10" L7. Im only selling because Im downgrading to something smaller.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Try eD. (Elemental Designs)
Old 06-25-2007, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member

I've been looking at the Kicker CVR's and I hear good things about them. Haven't actually heard them yet with my own ears though.

Checked out the Nine amps and those joints look pretty sick. So would you say that Nine is the new leader of the pack when it comes to amps? I remember back in the day people were big on anything Alpine, JL Audio, Pyle, and Clarion.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the Kicker CVR's are on sale B1G1Free directly from Kicker... would make sense to pick up a pair right now.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:27 PM
UV7
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

If you want clean power, check out JL Audio. They STILL dominate the audio market with some of the best products available. They are on the expensive side, though.
Elemental Designs manufactures good quality products for considerably less money. They are certainly worth a look if you are on a tight budget.
Many of the names from "old-school" days are still around, but they do NOT produce the same product quality as they did years ago. DEI got their hands on several companies and literally ruined their production by using cheaper components from overseas rather than paying for continued development of superior products in the US.
And just to set the record straight, Pyle was NEVER a high quality producer. They were junk even when they were popular.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by UV7
If you want clean power, check out JL Audio. They STILL dominate the audio market with some of the best products available. They are on the expensive side, though.
Elemental Designs manufactures good quality products for considerably less money. They are certainly worth a look if you are on a tight budget.
Many of the names from "old-school" days are still around, but they do NOT produce the same product quality as they did years ago. DEI got their hands on several companies and literally ruined their production by using cheaper components from overseas rather than paying for continued development of superior products in the US.
And just to set the record straight, Pyle was NEVER a high quality producer. They were junk even when they were popular.
Yeah, I remember the Pyles were actually piles of ____, but they were popular because of their price. JL has always made good products, but on my budget I would probably have to go 2nd hand to be able to afford them. I think the Elemental Design amps might do the trick though. My local retailer is trying to sell me on amps from Performance Teknique. I've heard um' and they do hit, but they look cheezy as hell, so I'm a little suspect abou them. Anyone running these? Pros/ Cons
Old 06-26-2007, 01:47 AM
SL Member

the best amo i have ever owned was an older alpinr v-12 mrd-300. sure clean, tones of adjustments, and a remote screen for adjusting everything