Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Calling all experts, need help with Sirius for my xB ...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member

Default Calling all experts, need help with Sirius for my xB ...

i apologize for the newbie-ish question but am in a time crunch. my brother has offered to get me sirius satellite radio for christmas. i have a 2004 scion xb and have read that some or all scions come satellite ready. is this true? i need to know exactly what i will need to purchase from sirius and scion etc. i do not want extra components in my console area. i would like everything hooked up to my stock 6 disc stereo. any help would be appreciated as i need to get him this information a.s.a.p. thank you for your time and i look forward to hearing back from the experts very soon! all the best.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:34 AM
5 Year Member

Go to your nearrest scion dealer
Old 12-06-2006, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member

thanks for the tip juang, but i live in the bahamas. no scion dealers here. anyone else?
Old 12-06-2006, 01:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

trdsparks.com has what you need for the factory setup.

While the extra component isn't usually welcomed, it is a lot easier to deal with and a lot cheaper. For one, you get a better display. The stock radio can't display all of the info at a time. Secondly, if you want to take your sirius to home/work (but don't forget about the streaming online account if you have that option) you can get a docking station. Plus if you decide to sell the car, you can take it with you.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I have the Sirius Sportster 4 and have it hooked directly into my stock Scion headunit via the TOY03-AUX adapter (same as in this thread https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=67318). It sounds amazing and I love the functionality of the Sportster 4 unit. I am going to be writing up a How-To on how to hardwire it into the car soon. I have it set up that way so I can still use my cigarette lighter. If you have any questions on anything, feel free to PM me.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Or if you wanted a factory style install and have some electronics knowledge, you can order the Toyota Sirius Kit.

http://www.mcgeorgeparts.com/PD-PTS3....aspx?MakeID=1

You will also need the fit kit for that.
http://www.mcgeorgeparts.com/PD-PTS3....aspx?MakeID=1
Old 12-06-2006, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I am not a fan of the Toyota hookup though. It costs a lot more money and you don't get near the features of the normal Sirius units. Mine has a remote, game and song alerts, automatically records up to 44 minutes of music, allows me to scroll through certain genres of music, and the title and artist names scroll if they are too long to fit on the screen. None of these features are available on the Toyota model, yet mine costs roughtly 1/2 to 1/3 of the price of that unit.

The ONLY benefit of the Toyota unit would be that it is completely hidden. However, I like having my Sirius on the bottom corner of the windshield in my car. It is very easy to see while driving at night so I can see what song is playing and it looks really nice in the car.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sportster 4 replaced the "oven".
Old 12-07-2006, 01:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

^^Looks very nice. Very clean install.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by THansenite
I am not a fan of the Toyota hookup though. It costs a lot more money and you don't get near the features of the normal Sirius units. Mine has a remote, game and song alerts, automatically records up to 44 minutes of music, allows me to scroll through certain genres of music, and the title and artist names scroll if they are too long to fit on the screen. None of these features are available on the Toyota model, yet mine costs roughtly 1/2 to 1/3 of the price of that unit.

The ONLY benefit of the Toyota unit would be that it is completely hidden. However, I like having my Sirius on the bottom corner of the windshield in my car. It is very easy to see while driving at night so I can see what song is playing and it looks really nice in the car.
Hmm sounds like you have a Sportster Replay.
however;
i do not want extra components in my console area.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Nope, I have the Sportster 4 and there are no extra components visible in the console. The only thing you see is the actual unit in the bottom corner of the windshield. It doesn't block my view at all, yet I can still see the screen to see who is playing.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member

thank you for all of your knowledge. the christmas dust has settled and i now have a sirius connect system that will not fit my pioneer stereo. can someone please tell me if there is an adapter that i can buy to fit this or will it need to be exchanged for another sirius system? i have the pioneer 6 disk changer t1805 and the sirius connect sir-pnr2. it states that it is compatible with most pioneer stereos. unfortunately not mine. very frustrating. anyway i look forward to more great advice! all the best.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only way those two will work is if you go and buy any Pioneer/Premire stereo with "MP" in the name. They WILL NOT work on the stock system. It does not matter if the radio says Pioneer on the front of it, It still has two Toyota plugs in the back or three in the case of steering wheel controls. It does not have the Pioneer blue IP-BUS plug that is required for use with Pioneer add-ons.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:25 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by RH_TuningIsLife
The only way those two will work is if you go and buy any Pioneer/Premire stereo with "MP" in the name. They WILL NOT work on the stock system. It does not matter if the radio says Pioneer on the front of it, It still has two Toyota plugs in the back or three in the case of steering wheel controls. It does not have the Pioneer blue IP-BUS plug that is required for use with Pioneer add-ons.
thank you for confirming that pat. seems strange but anyway ... i guess i'll go with another brand or without. all the best!