Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Clarion MAX675VD Ipod Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Clarion MAX675VD Ipod Problem

so today when i get in my car, my clearion 675vd won;t read my ipod. on top of that, if i press the ipod button, nothing happens. it won't take me to the ipod screen or anything. does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? the warranty just ended too so i'm pretty much willing to try anything.

and just so you know, this thing is babied. i never watch videos or anything on it, and it never switches from ipod mode. i literally rarely touch it unless i'm scrolling through songs. any ideas?
Old 08-06-2007, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

I have the same HU.

Does the iPod show up on the HU main menu when it is connected? Does the iPod say "Clarion safe to remove" when connected?

First bit of business is to try find out which component is having a problem: the HU, the iPod interface cable, or the iPod.

Something that may help narrow this down is to try removing the iPod cable from the HU and see if you can get the iPod screen to come up. If it still won't come up, it sounds like an internal HU problem. If it does come up, shut everything down and plug in the cable but not the iPod. See if you can get the screen, if it stops now, there is something wrong with your cable. If it keeps working, try plugging in the iPod.

Hopefully that will at least get you looking in the right place.

You said it is just out of warranty, I thought the warranty on these is 3 years. I am unsure of this because I went the eBay route(no warranty) with mine. If you purchased it through an authorized place they should be able to help you with "out of warranty" repair work on it.

Let us know how things turn out.

Good luck.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can't get the ipod screen to come up at all, even when i press the ipod button. i really hope it's not the headunit. i bought the ipod cable from crutchfield and called them and they told me they'd send a new cable out right away, since their tech guys said that was most likely the culprit. i really hope it is. i'd hate to have to shell out more money on a new headunit since i was planning on getting a new xb and using the clarion in the new car.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Hope the new cable works out. I actually have seen them go before.

Post back what happens.