Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Clean sub install

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 05:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Clean sub install

well judging by many of the posts on that other sub install topic... you guys don't liek to have massive bozes in your trunk.... and i don't either... so i spent an entire day building a custom box to fit in my tC trunk.... it's completely sealed.. i just have a single 10" eclipse subwoofer, but it bumps pretty loud considering it's running at 1000watts rms. So i just want to know what you guys think of it. oh yea. the carpet color on the box is different because that's just what i had laying around, if i didn't have that carpet already, i would have color matched it to the rest of the carpet.

sorry about the bad quality... i took the pictures with my phone.... my digital camera is out of comission right now....what do u guys think?
Old 09-20-2004, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Install looks very nice, good job
Old 09-20-2004, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That looks really good but I have a question.

Would you be able to install an aftermarket sub in the Bazooka stock box?
Old 09-20-2004, 05:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh yea... i still have full functionality of the reclining rear seats.... that was one of the main points i incorporated into my design.... i wanted everything to work like it's from the factory... the only modification i had to make to the vehicle was to cut the panel that covers the spare tire and jack and stuff. I still have complete access to my spare tire and jack as if no modification was done. The box is made all of MDF. I used some speaker box carpet i had from before, using 3M adhesive spray and stapling it in 2 spots. That amp is some useless brand amp that i'm using for now just because i wanted to get my sub workin without spending too much money. i'm not sure if there's anything else for me to say. umm... I've lined most of the trunk with dynamat, it rattled a lot when it wasn't lined. This whole setup took my 3 weekends. and multiple trips to Fry's electronics and Magnolia HiFi.. sorry Magnolia Audio Video. Don't be too harsh with your comments guys... I'm only 17.... i know.. i'm spoiled... i got a brand new car at 17... but I payed for half of it... so yea.. I did all the work myself, no help from anyone else or from any store.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got a new car at 17 too but I didn't pay for ____ :]

I will pay for my tC though. When it gets here.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MrJohnson

I don't see why not.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Good job on the install, very nice. You said you cut the panels that covers the spare tire and jack right? I take it the box goes further below into the compartment? If so, how far down?

Also, I'm 17 as well, and I'm probably gonna hear the whole spoiled/doesn't appreciate value of money/doesn't deserve brand new car/etc. speech, but I'm paying for the whole thing + insurane myself... well minus the 3 grand downpayment the parentals chipped in for me.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PunkInDrublic
Good job on the install, very nice. You said you cut the panels that covers the spare tire and jack right? I take it the box goes further below into the compartment? If so, how far down?

Also, I'm 17 as well, and I'm probably gonna hear the whole spoiled/doesn't appreciate value of money/doesn't deserve brand new car/etc. speech, but I'm paying for the whole thing + insurane myself... well minus the 3 grand downpayment the parentals chipped in for me.

yea... those eclipse subs are really tall...the box sits right on the metal down there, the sub sits only about 2 inches off the bottom of the box.

yea, i was just waiting for someone to ignore my install and just give me the whole spoiled speech. Oh well.... i've worked hard for all this stuff
Old 09-21-2004, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry bout the pics bein down, my server is not cooperating at the moment... check back later!
Old 09-21-2004, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JasonH
Originally Posted by MrJohnson

I don't see why not.
u could but since the box is pretty small because it was made for a weak sub, it might not sound as good as it could.

nice job though, im 17 and paying 4 my stuff,(been savin for a car since like elementry, no joke, and finnaly got it.) i got a custom system 2, search "hollywood sounds" and click on "custom enclosure in a tc" its not as space-saving as urs but it sounds great and beats REAL hard. good luck with urs!