Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

compustar alarm installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default compustar alarm installed

i just got a compustar alarm with 2 way pager and remote start for manual trans. the thing is awesome. the remote start only works when the parking brake is on and the car is in neutral, the remote pager is cool, and basically the thing is great. i added a couple of other things to the alarm as well just to upgrade it a little. put in a siren with backup battery and key override, and a couple of digital dei sensors. only problem that i ran into is that some of the dei stuff uses different plugs than compustar, so either the stuff couldn't be used or the harnesses had to be modified. dei has this digital tilt sensor that detects the slightest tilting of the car. thing is awesome. if the car tilts even a tiny bit the alarm goes crazy. i haven't really tested the range of the thing, but it's supposed to be about 1/2-3/4 of a mile i believe. i had to get a bypass module and use the valet key for the remote start, and i ended up grinding up the key so that no one could take it out and drive the car with it. overall, i'm loving everything about the setup.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

im with you bro....
for me the compustar is the best alarm out there no problems here....except lowjack
but..