Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Confirmed AVIC-N1 Bug for Florida Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Confirmed AVIC-N1 Bug for Florida Navigation

Hey Guys,

Thought this might be of interest to some of you...Didn't know where to post this but I think more people read this board than the local board... I just got off the phone with Pioneer tech support, and they confirmed my suspicions...>drum roll<...

The Avic N-1 with software version 1.1 does NOT recognize I-95 (of ALL roads) as a route option!!! Can you %$#@!@#$ believe it? I live less than a mile away from an I 95 on ramp, and no matter what the settings are for route preference, I can not make the N1 use I 95 to get me anywhere in the state...its almost like it sees it as a body of water or something! While it is infuriating, I have been assured that version 1.2 is on its way to me (free, ,obviously) and that it rectifies the situation.

This aside, the unit is killer...looks great, sounds great, and hopefully will navigate great when I get the upgrade, I'll let yall know. Until then, you will seem me cruising in my xB on all the back roads only, lol...

Matt
Old 12-31-2004, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

thats some crap. Im glad I dont plan on driving into FL anytime soon with mine...

Ive had my N1 give me some weird directions before. I hope the next version is better.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

you live here... you don't need help driving it or finding it do you?????? hehehehehee....
Old 01-01-2005, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That does suck. I-95 is an important road to have.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Banned
SL Member

heard it has no reroute either...
Old 01-01-2005, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cyber, it does have re-routing. Any nav system would be a total POS without that function, for sure. The rerouting happens really quickly.

NO, I don't need help finding I-95, but I was worried that if it can ignore I95 when plotting the fastest route, what other roads is it going to ignore? If Im in an unfamiliar place, I want to have confidence in it. Anyway, I love the friggin thing and it seems to work perfectly aside from the pretty substantial bug which they have addressed.

Voice control and steering wheel remote works great. Truly, the only time it doesn't understand me is when I am barking out a navigation command while in the audio mode, and vice versa. Once you get that figgered out, it becomes the preferred way to operate, I think. Dont have to take yer hands off of the wheel.

I don't know if I mentioned this earlier, but with the CD changer installed, (got a 12 disc on ebay for 129 new) you can leave the nav dvd in the unit and dont have to screw around swapping discs. Only time you need to take it out is to watch a movie, or play mp3's which is not so crucial when you can load up 12 cds. It works better than I thought it would.

--Matt
Old 01-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by LauderDog
Cyber, it does have re-routing. Any nav system would be a total POS without that function, for sure. The rerouting happens really quickly.

NO, I don't need help finding I-95, but I was worried that if it can ignore I95 when plotting the fastest route, what other roads is it going to ignore? If Im in an unfamiliar place, I want to have confidence in it. Anyway, I love the friggin thing and it seems to work perfectly aside from the pretty substantial bug which they have addressed.

Voice control and steering wheel remote works great. Truly, the only time it doesn't understand me is when I am barking out a navigation command while in the audio mode, and vice versa. Once you get that figgered out, it becomes the preferred way to operate, I think. Dont have to take yer hands off of the wheel.

I don't know if I mentioned this earlier, but with the CD changer installed, (got a 12 disc on ebay for 129 new) you can leave the nav dvd in the unit and dont have to screw around swapping discs. Only time you need to take it out is to watch a movie, or play mp3's which is not so crucial when you can load up 12 cds. It works better than I thought it would.

--Matt
I know that was a rumor i heard, i had the one on my RX-8 and it was awesome...thanks for clearing it up