Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Do any MAJOR electronic stores match ONLINE prices?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 12:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Do any MAJOR electronic stores match ONLINE prices?

Hey all, as the topic subject says...

I'm looking to get a pioneer avic-d3 this next week or two (hopefully)..ive found MANY sites online (do a froogle search) that sell it for $700.00 plus 15-30 for shipping..it goes for $1,000 at bestbuy, circuit city etc...i know sometimes these stores price match EACHOTHER....but if i brought them a list of NUMEROUS online dealers/smaller electronic stores selling these...would they price match it?

I live work in OC/Long Biatch..so if anybody knows of any stores that do this, or HAVE done this let me know, please. :-)

Edit: http://www.google.com/products?q=PIO...ucts&scoring=p

Lowest price is $699.99..they go up to 1k'ish
Old 07-16-2007, 01:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I doubt most of them would... or if they do, they wouldn't advertise it. They're probably go out of business if everyone came in pricematching items for a few $100 off.

Couldn't hurt to go ask though.

I've seen a few stores around here saying they'll price match local prices only though. So it varies.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bestbuy and circuit city? nah, they get them for the same price as the small dealers..how come mom and pops online can sell em for 700, but bestbuy for 1000? I'm sure they both pay the same, lol, but i DO see your point...hmmmmmm, best buy credit and pay more, or pay cash and pay less..what to do what to do,
Old 07-16-2007, 02:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^ dude, do what i do.

walk right into best buy and try to find the youngest guy that works in the department that you wanna buy from - IE - if you want a computer, go to the computer department. If you want a tv, go to the tv department, etc.

tell the guy that you will gladly pay him if he can get you the item that you want at his price. From what my friend @ best buy told me, that the prices for employee's are a little over what the company pays for it. the markup on car audio is so huge. he told me about this amp that was retailing for north of $500 and his cost, if he were to buy it, would only be a little over $200.

in my example, you can pay the employee $100 for his effort and pocket the rest!!!! and do this many times over.

you gotta outsmart these huge a$$ companies that are robbing the common person.

a lotta people call me cheap but you know what? whatever. if you buy the same thing and i buy the same thing for much less, that doesnt make me cheap, that makes me smart and it makes them a fool =]]]]]

that $ you save can go to other parts, or taco bell or even your prolonged starbucks addiction. thhat's where my $ goes ;]]]
Old 07-16-2007, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

downtown LA, wholesale electronics district....... $500 cash money brand new in box with warrenty.,,
Old 07-16-2007, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IH8ONYU
downtown LA, wholesale electronics district....... $500 cash money brand new in box with warrenty.,,
wait, for the d3? $500? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, are you serious? LOL, i've never been to this area...does it help to speak spanish? (I know it does in the jewelry district)....any particular shops you recomend?

Thank you! :-)
Old 07-16-2007, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by midtowndesi
^^^^ dude, do what i do.

walk right into best buy and try to find the youngest guy that works in the department that you wanna buy from - IE - if you want a computer, go to the computer department. If you want a tv, go to the tv department, etc.

tell the guy that you will gladly pay him if he can get you the item that you want at his price. From what my friend @ best buy told me, that the prices for employee's are a little over what the company pays for it. the markup on car audio is so huge. he told me about this amp that was retailing for north of $500 and his cost, if he were to buy it, would only be a little over $200.

in my example, you can pay the employee $100 for his effort and pocket the rest!!!! and do this many times over.

you gotta outsmart these huge a$$ companies that are robbing the common person.

a lotta people call me cheap but you know what? whatever. if you buy the same thing and i buy the same thing for much less, that doesnt make me cheap, that makes me smart and it makes them a fool =]]]]]

that $ you save can go to other parts, or taco bell or even your prolonged starbucks addiction. thhat's where my $ goes ;]]]
This will by my 2nd option if the LA wholesale thing doesnt work out, thanks for this btw, VERY good to know for future reference! :-)
Old 07-16-2007, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ np bro. you can do that with any store - just find a salesman who is in need of extra cash. i am sure that's not a difficult thing to do!!!!!

and, just for clarity - i had a friend that worked @ bestbuy. i bought a canon camcorder + 19" lcd monitor (in like 2004) and i remember getting about $100 off on the monitor and about $250 off on the camcorder. it was like $750 and i wound up paying $500 and change (before taxes).

pocket the rest and hit up taco bell.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

/\/\ So what, did they buy it on their off time and meet you after work, or how'd that work? Thanks again, GREAT trick... :-) taco bell ftw! :LOL:
Old 07-16-2007, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1) yeah, since it was my friend, i gave him money before hand and he bought it on his off time a couple of days later. if you meet with someone, tell them that you'll meet them one day when they CAN purchse - preferably - around the time their shift is done. most employees can buy items only once their shift is done so pre-arrange that with someone.

IE, if u meet someone on wednesday, talk to them, tell them what you want to buy and they'll give you the employee price. after working out the numbers tell them - yo, i'll meet you on saturday around the time your shift ends - and i'll give you my cash, you buy the item and meet me outside the store.

then you can just wait by the front or in the parking lot for the dude. never give money and come a diff day. pre-plan the entire thing and bring enough cash on the day of the transaction. i dont think this would work w/credit card since ur name and the dudes name prolly won't match! lolol
Old 07-16-2007, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice, yeah i'll keep that in mind for the future....BUT being that i liev in long beach, im gonna try to find out from that other poster more info about the wholesale district and see if i can pick myself one up from there! thanks btw, that's GOOD stuff and will come in handy in the future :-)