Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

does anyone else hate the seatbelts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 01:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default does anyone else hate the seatbelts?

I have never seen seatbelts in a car as bad as the scion. It locks on me all the time! Normally i don't wear my belt, then when i see a cop i try and put it on, but i look like an idiot because i pull it and it locks so i keep yanking it, and .... omg it's horrible. does anyone else agree?
Old 10-04-2006, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The seatbelts on most cars are a pain. But, it beats the h--l out of putting your face thru the windshield.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ x eleventybillion
Old 10-04-2006, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

You are probably pulling it out too fast in a panic to get it on. It acts the same as every other seatbelt I have had.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I'm sorry but I hope you get a ticket one day for not wearing ur seatbelt. Its there for a purpose. I bet if you get in a accident one day and its a severe one and your wearing your seatbelt you'll be glad you did. I'm not being an a-hole but I'm just saving you a trip to the morgue. Hopefully wat I said had some meaning to you. And like OldYeller said its probably because you pull it too hard.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I used to hate wearing seatbelts even though I still always did. Then I rolled my car and landed upside down. After that incident, I happily use my seatbelt every time I go driving.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:48 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

My face almost fought the A-pillar in my Neon once.

No seatbelt, I wouldn't be here to dispense my unlimited knowledge of removing scion interiors.

^^sarcasm, well, not the dead part, but the unlimited knowledge part.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
N.G.S.O.

Originally Posted by THansenite
I used to hate wearing seatbelts even though I still always did. Then I rolled my car and landed upside down. After that incident, I happily use my seatbelt every time I go driving.
Been there, done that.

Did you do like me... Add to the insult and injury by puttin a hand up over your head to catch your weight, then release the seatbelt and find out that you aren't even CLOSE to strong enough to hold yourself in a one-armed handstand and damn near break your own neck.

My other bad wreck was totaling my toyota FX 16 GTS head-on. My only injury was a little cut on my head where my radar detector bounced off on it's way out the sunroof and into a million pieces.

A cop friend of mine once told me that he'd never removed a dead body from a seatbelt.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jonnyp
Originally Posted by THansenite
Been there, done that.

Did you do like me... Add to the insult and injury by puttin a hand up over your head to catch your weight, then release the seatbelt and find out that you aren't even CLOSE to strong enough to hold yourself in a one-armed handstand and damn near break your own neck.

My other bad wreck was totaling my toyota FX 16 GTS head-on. My only injury was a little cut on my head where my radar detector bounced off on it's way out the sunroof and into a million pieces.

A cop friend of mine once told me that he'd never removed a dead body from a seatbelt.
I didn't have to worry about using my hand to hold my body up, just to balance. The roof of my little cavalier was dented in so badly that my head was only an inch away from it. So I balanced myself with one hand and as I unhooked the belt with my other hand, just kind of rolled out of my seat onto the roof. Luckily, the ditch was completely filled with snow so I didn't roll down. I went sideways through the t-intersection (thanks to the ice on the road) and when my wheels caught snow, the car just rolled over. My wrist was a little sore, but that was it.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I'm with oldyeller. You are prob just pulling in such a panic that it locks it. Just wear it.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My wife has a Toyota Matrix that beeps the crap out of you until you put on your seatbelt, as well as the passenger side (has a weight sensor to determine if a passenger is present).

We have a friend who routinely doesn't wear a seatbelt, even after she totalled her truck. My wife took her to the store one day and 30 seconds of BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP later she put her damn seat belt on hehe...
Old 10-04-2006, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you are an idiot and you must be 16... big man with big ***** untill the cops drive by eh? saving yourself from a ticket is more important than saving your life? your childish... wreck and die.... kick me off the forum for this post it's worth it.. glad i don't live anywhere near you...
Old 10-05-2006, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I own an xB (two, if you count my wife's) because I totalled my last ride, a hooptie Galant. No seatbelt = no me to own an xB = no me to post about being thankful for any seatbelt at all, restrictive or not.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IH8ONYU
you are an idiot and you must be 16... big man with big ***** untill the cops drive by eh? saving yourself from a ticket is more important than saving your life? your childish... wreck and die.... kick me off the forum for this post it's worth it.. glad i don't live anywhere near you...
seriously. not wearing your seatbelt has to be the most idiotic thing you can do.

and no, the seatbelts are fine. If you are patient, and actually put on the belt right after you start your car, you won't have any problems with it locking.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had my xB since June. The belt locked on me while pulling it out to be fastened maybe two or three times. It also locked few times while coming to a stop at an intersection with low sideways visibility where I needed to lean forward to look to the sides.

I don't see xB seatbelts as being problematic at all.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Originally Posted by bBlover
I'm sorry but I hope you get a ticket one day for not wearing ur seatbelt. Its there for a purpose. I bet if you get in a accident one day and its a severe one and your wearing your seatbelt you'll be glad you did. I'm not being an a-hole but I'm just saving you a trip to the morgue. Hopefully wat I said had some meaning to you. And like OldYeller said its probably because you pull it too hard.
Dude, you are a credit to HS students and Teenagers EVERYWHERE. I hereby bestow on you, the title of "Honorary(sp?) Adult"!
Old 10-07-2006, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

About 23 years ago my cousin was riding in a Jeep CJ5 and the guy driving was going about 70mph and lost control rollling several times. The driver was wearing his seatbelt my cousin was not. Cousin comes out and lands on the back of head and grinds his back and one knee. Emergency brain surgery was performed to keep him alive. He has never completely recovered. He had learn how to walk and talk after a suffering a stroke and being in a coma for over a week. The driver of the Jeep walked away with cuts and scratches due to the seatbelt and a rollbar. From that day forward I have always worn my seatbelt, I feel naked in any car without it. Parents that can't get their kids to wear their seatbelts did something wrong when raising their kids, my sons aged 16 and 17 will not even pull out of the driveway without their seatbelt on, they've been that way since they stopped using a car seat and started belting themselves in.

Another reason was an article I read that was written by a local State Trooper that said he personally had never pulled a dead person out of a wreck that was wearing a seatbelt. I know that people have died while wearing a seatbelt but how many race car drivers do you know would go out on the track without some sort of seatbelt/harness?
Old 10-09-2006, 12:44 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i used to it my old car didn't have a retractable shoulder belt but the lap belt did

had two seat belts for the driver and passenger lap and seat belt just not combined together...
Old 10-09-2006, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

I use those sunglass thingies on the belt to keep the belt at the proper tension and length above the B pillar mounting point. This way I can grab it fast and click it or drap it over my shoulder to look like it's on when a cop is spotted.
It's still MY Choice not Big Brothers.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have seen many, mostly young people, injured needlessly and seriously in minor accidents because they didn`t wear their belt.
All of them probally use belts now.
I speak from 30 years in EMS.

Quick Reply: does anyone else hate the seatbelts?