Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Does your alarm beep or honk when arming/disarming?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Does your alarm beep or honk when arming/disarming?

My xB has the Toyota factory alarm and it honks the horn when arming and disarming it. My girlfriends 2006 Camry has the same alarm and it beeps during the same actions. Does your alarm beep or honk? I would like to figure out a way to make it beep. I have changed the alarm code to turn off the horn when arming so I don't have to hear it.

(note: I do NOT have the Scion security system, it's the one that comes built in to all Toyotas and is disabled by the dealer if you don't want it. It cost the same as the Scion security system)
Old 12-30-2005, 03:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Does your alarm beep or honk when arming/disarming?

(note: I do NOT have the Scion security system, it's the one that comes built in to all Toyotas and is disabled by the dealer if you don't want it. It cost the same as the Scion security system)

Didn't know that there was a built in system? What do you know about it?

BWT my wife's xA beeps the horn. My xB doesn't make any noises. Think that the guy that owned it before me goofed up some wiring.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Does your alarm beep or honk when arming/disarming?

Originally Posted by TurboTighe

Didn't know that there was a built in system? What do you know about it?

BWT my wife's xA beeps the horn. My xB doesn't make any noises. Think that the guy that owned it before me goofed up some wiring.
The way it was explained to me at the dealer was that the wiring and module are already in the vehicle. If you chose to not take the option, they remove the module and leave the wiring harnesses in place. If you decide to keep it, they install a valet switch and an L.E.D. on the dash. The difference, I was told, is that the Toyota security system locks the doors when the vehicle is started. (not sure if the Scion security system does that or not) The only other difference I can see from my girlfriends Camry is that hers makes a pleasent beeping noise when it is armed and mine honks the horn. This option can be disabled, I followed the directions that came with the alarm to do it.