Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

DoubleDIN DVD reviews

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default DoubleDIN DVD reviews

I'd like to get everyone's opinion on the Double DIN dvd screens out there...which one people have seen, which ones they like the most, and which ones have the coolest features...i.e. i know the Kenwoods can plug into your amp if you have a kenwood amp as well... and you can get all sorts of readouts.... or like iPod compatability... you get the idea... thanks!
Old 07-11-2005, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'd like to see this info posted too...somebody get crakka-lakkin on this!
Old 07-12-2005, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I found this one on Ebay but it is still too new..in other words not enuff feedback is posted about this unit yet but i do know it is made from a colabaration of know how and parts from Sanyo & Panasonic but still I'm waiting to see what goes wrong with it b4 I go get one. But as for a bargain this is as good as it gets it has a ton of features on it that allow you to cut down on having to add alot of accessories afterwards.

http://www.gzyuanzhi.com/EN/topic_15046.html
Old 07-17-2005, 06:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

link on ebay? price? info?
Old 07-17-2005, 06:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

okay, i found the info for it here
http://www.mp3playerstore.com/stuff_...vd/LM-7508.htm

one question, what is 'reversing radar', this one sounds really cool...imma have to wait too and see how the feedback is, etc.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dunno...mp3playerstore is known to sell some shady products...the site itself isn't too reliable, either.

nevertheless, i would like to know if this screen is decent.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think I've seen this sold under several brand names for about the same price, if not less.

mp3playerstore.com has pretty dreadful eBay feedback. Some other SL members have had good experiences with them but I'd be wary.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

i just bought a reverse camera from them so we'll see how doing business wity them goes.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.globalsources.com is full of foreign knock-off units like the LM-7508. This unit is very similar to the kenwood excelon series dvd player. I've been cautious of buying one of these units fearing that if something goes wrong that i can't return it. I just decided to stick with brand names. But some of these units come with way more features already in them where most brand names charge too much for an add-on unit. I'm sure these units probably work well, I just wouldn't show it off if I were in a car show.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:33 AM
5 Year Member

Default Re: DoubleDIN DVD reviews

Originally Posted by tCarloRS1.0
I'd like to get everyone's opinion on the Double DIN dvd screens out there...which one people have seen, which ones they like the most, and which ones have the coolest features...i.e. i know the Kenwoods can plug into your amp if you have a kenwood amp as well... and you can get all sorts of readouts.... or like iPod compatability... you get the idea... thanks!
This DD is tight.

And the remote...

Got mine at http://www.crutchfield.com/S-pChoe8y...0&I=113DDX7015
Old 07-23-2005, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

alright guys... i didnt look back into this thread cuz for the first few days no one answered.... i ended up getting the kenwood ddx-7015. and here is what i think...

right off the bat i was a little upset because the cover on the scion tc wont completely close with the HU. that being said it shouldnt be too hard to redrill some holes into the brackets. 2nd. i love the dvd player... it's awesome to just pop a dvd in and just listen to it.3rd. the i am not thrilled about the ipod compatibility. it's really finnicky, and sometimes you cant get the right categories to show up. and its annoying because it doesnt let you see all the songs that you have under a certain artist, you have to scroll through them... which sucks..... i also wish that there some some kind of visualizations when you played music...

i still havent really looked at the owners manual so there are probably a tone of features im still not aware of...
Old 08-04-2005, 07:08 AM
DHL
5 Year Member

Default DDX8017

Hey does your radio have gaps around it or did you find a trim ring kit?
Old 08-04-2005, 07:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i miss that deck. never tried the ipod thing. cause i have too many music dvds, movies, etc.. i never played anything else but dvd's. didn't even try to play cd's or even listen to the radio. i loved the quality of screen. the resolution was quite clear. compared to the new navi eclipse w/hard drive. the navi features were cool but the quality of the screen was not as clear as the kenwood. well now i'm just waiting for the ddx8017 to go in.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member

heres the double din out of my is300...its an eclipse avn 2454....no accessories needed...its fully functional NAVI, and cd player, dvd player and has aux inputs for an ipod/xbox or whatever...

Old 08-04-2005, 11:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

"im here for the 5 0'clock free crack give-away"

I like your taste in shows and head units!
Old 08-05-2005, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had the Kenwood in my Eclipse that i just sold. I only used the dvd player a few times, but i did also have a xbox hook up to it for a while which was cool. The only thing i ever did was listen to Sirius which the unit kicked ___ for. I ended up buying it for about 900 i think around 9 months ago, not sure i would do it again just becauase i never used it even close to its potentional. I would had loved the navigation, but with the $500 extra price tag i avoided it.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just received the Kenwood DDX-7017 today and will be installing it tonight when I get off work. I hope the video quality is as good as my Eclipse deck.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the video quality really is very good. you will be impressed.... hey optimus, where did you get your h/u? thats def. a good price. i'm lookin for the nav unit.... how much info do the nav cds hold? anyone know? i live in the dc/metro area.... i wonder at what points i'd have to get new cds.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought the deck on ebay last year some time. At the time I had it i couldn't find a single other person with it. Even the shops around my area didn't have them in stock yet.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member

I have seen these Innovatek LM-7508 being sold on ebay left and right but I have yet to see a photo of one installed. Who are buying these dvd players? I am tempted to order one just to see what it looks like. Has anyone seen a site that has a photo of one?

Quick Reply: DoubleDIN DVD reviews