Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

"Error 1" message on stock cd player

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions

Default "Error 1" message on stock cd player

Wont play cd's (regular or MP3) for more than a minute then this error message shows up. Anyone else? Yes its under warranty but I'm curious.

BTW, the search feature of scionlife is the worst search feature of all time hands down.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well according to the manual error 1 is "When the disc is dirty or has been inserted upside-down Check the disc"..

so you've tried normal cd's (not a burned cd) and it still happened? If the cd's you're trying work normal on other cd players then yes your cd player has a problem.. I went through 3 scion head units in my tC until one worked right.. But I did get error 1 once.. it's when the cd's were cold developed moisture on the disc and the cd player refused to play it until the moisture disappeared (had to wait about 45 minutes with the heater on to get rid of it).. so it happened once.. now i warm up my cd's.. if it was not moisture related then yeah sounds like you have a problem dealer should look at (since it won't play cd's easy to reproduce the problem)

I would call scion corporate and let them know.. Pioneer definitely has a quality problem (i always say that when problems show up about this radio)
Old 01-12-2009, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member

Default Thanks

"But I did get error 1 once.. it's when the cd's were cold developed moisture on the disc and the cd player refused to play it until the moisture disappeared (had to wait about 45 minutes with the heater on to get rid of it).. so it happened once.. now i warm up my cd's."

Thanks - that must be the answer for my CD player as well. It is cold in Michigan lately.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:57 PM

happened to me before, disconnect the battery over nite, It might be good again