Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Factory Bazooka Sub or Infinity Basslink?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 12:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Factory Bazooka Sub or Infinity Basslink?

can anyone give me advice or opinion on these subs and im looking for tight clean bass.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've heard good things about the basslink....but never heard the factory tC sub or basslink in person......I think you'd be better off getting a single 10 in a small sealed box and an amp....
Old 02-18-2005, 01:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

spend 150 more and get a real system, trust me its worth it.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

If you plan on hauling stuff arround and need to fold down the back seat alot, then get the factory sub. Otherwise the Basslink or the factory sub will provide the low end that the system is missing, Also check the Basslink T, it fits perfectly in the tC. (see link below)
Old 02-18-2005, 02:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

How much are these two sub systems?
Old 02-18-2005, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The factory Bazooka sounds better than a Basslink. I have owned both, as well as a Bazooka tube and regular sub boxes. The factory Bazooka enclosure sounds more like a ported box (which it is) than a Bazooka tube or Basslink. The Basslink is kind of odd, as it's made of plastic and has a large passive radiator instead of a port. It's really only a small step up from the Bazooka tubes (and in some ways it's not as good) but neither really compare to the factory Bazooka.

The factory Bazooka is $270.25 + shipping from McGeorge and a Basslink is $299.99 from Crutchfield.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey jasonh, it sounds like you know what your talking about and know your audio but ive been doing some research and most people are saying the bazooka is overpriced. every review i read on the basslink was positive. and one more thing, the basslink is double the power of the bazooka, how can the bazooka sound better? since you own the two, can you tell me which is more powerful and louder? please respond, i need to make a decision soon. thanks
Old 02-19-2005, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

www.etronics.com they have the best prices on some decent stuff
Old 02-20-2005, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Louder doesn't mean better. The Basslink might be louder, but it doesn't sound nearly as good as the factory Bazooka nor any other kind of well made sealed or ported box. If you want loud, take $300 and build a bandpass box and slap the biggest amp you can afford on it. The Basslink might have twice as much power, but I believe the way they rate the power is different because it is an "active" speaker system. I never had the Basslink in my tC, but I'm almost positive that the factory Bazooka is actually louder if you have the gain turned up.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Reign_Man
spend 150 more and get a real system
Yes.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member

Default i have the 10 inch basslink

i just bought the 10" basslink. i heard the demo at circuit city and its sounds pretty damn good for a compact sub. its should fit nicely in the extra compartment next to the spare. i'm just not too sure on how o wire it. i'm a noob at wiring car audio equipment. i'm not sure on how to wire it. any suggestions? i heard that its not good when you run the power cable next to the rca cables....if so how would you keep them separate? do you the run the wires on opposite sides of the car?

by the way, what the difference between a line level input and a speaker level input?

PLEASE HELP!
Old 02-20-2005, 01:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Run the power cable on the driver's side since the battery and the rubber grommet in the firewall is located on that side. Run the RCA cables along the passenger side behind the glove box from the headunit. The speaker level input uses rear speaker wires for the signal to sub. A line level input will use a RCA-type output that's on most aftermarket headunit to provide the signal. If you are using the stock headunit, you'll have to either:
Use the rear speaker wires to get the signal to the sub
or
Get a line level converter to be able to use the stock headunit with the line level inputs
Old 02-20-2005, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Basslink

I have the Basslink in my Tc and it sounds pretty good as long as you take the time to play with the gain a bit.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member

i have the Basslink T and its really good. I wouldn't pay $500 for it though. I got mine for half that. I'm using the stock system still and just wired it to the rear speakers. I tapped into the rear wires and it works and sounds great. Just run the power along the drivers side like the previous poster said. To hook-up the auto turn off wire just run it with the power wires and then drop it into the dash and run it to the cig. lighter. I'll post some pics soon. My next step is to save up for a Kenwood double din dvd system. Anyone have pics with that unit in their TC ??
Old 02-21-2005, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

For three hundred and under you should be able to do a really good sub system. I know that some people will want more but you should be able to better than the two systems above.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Reign_Man
www.etronics.com they have the best prices on some decent stuff
i 2nd that, and they have good shipping
Old 02-21-2005, 04:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol you can do alot better than the 2 systems lested for $300 the first 2 systems suck anyways for $300. any system you buy at best buy or any place like it is over priced crap. Why not check out sound domain online and see what people there use the people on that site seem to what is good stuff. I my self knew nothing of sound systems 2 years ago and thanks to my roomate who has shown me what a real sound system is like im very thankful.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

also note stay way from amps or subs that say max power(ex. sony explode sub 500w max power or peak power or sony amps that say peak or max power 1500w) ya if ya actually run that much power do them all the time youll blow them that mean that the companie over rates it product look for amps and subs you can run it rated power to thats not peak power.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For 500 bucks you could get a decent alpine deck and an elemental designs 15" sub with appropriate amp.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member

Default thanks

hey nycazn79 thanks for the advice. :D

Quick Reply: Factory Bazooka Sub or Infinity Basslink?