Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Factory Scion Stereo Trick/Tip -Improves Sound Quality

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 12:07 AM
SL Member

Default Factory Scion Stereo Trick/Tip -Improves Sound Quality

I don't know how well known this "trick" is but I didn't find it on here so I figured I'd share just in case since a lot of people are saying that this isn't covered in the manual.

I got this trick from a thread of clubxb.com. It changed your factory stereo settings and can greatly increase the sound quality, I see that some people are disappointed with the factory stereo and I was too until I found this trick. Heres how to do it:

It turns out the factory stereos have 3 different modes for each model of xB, to access them hold down the SSR button until the display says "tC" "xB' or "xA" (cycle through the mby hitting volume up or down). It seems like by default they're on tC and the dealers don't change them. Well, the tC mode sucks! Change it to xB or xA, most people think that the xA sounds the best.

I would also changed the SSR mode to "Feel" or "Hear" because the factory "natural" setting sounds horrible. Hope this helped some people!
Old 10-17-2007, 12:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL I found a "trick" that works better. Dissassemble dash and remove the factory HU. Throw at nearest trash can. Install quality aftermarket HU, plug RCA cables in to newly found outputs feeding amps and subwoofer. Sit back and enjoy sound that the factory headunit can not equal regardless of SSR setting (even with factory speakers and no sub).
Old 10-17-2007, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Factory Scion Stereo Trick/Tip -Improves Sound Quality

Originally Posted by emximer
I don't know how well known this "trick" is but I didn't find it on here so I figured I'd share just in case since a lot of people are saying that this isn't covered in the manual.
Thanks for posting.

I got my car without dealer prep, so I know the settings weren't changed. I installed the stereo myself when I bought the car.

I just went out and completed the 15 second stereo upgrade!

-Pete
Old 10-17-2007, 09:23 PM
SL Member

Default Re: Factory Scion Stereo Trick/Tip -Improves Sound Quality

Originally Posted by Kodokan_4
Thanks for posting.

I got my car without dealer prep, so I know the settings weren't changed. I installed the stereo myself when I bought the car.

I just went out and completed the 15 second stereo upgrade!

-Pete
No prob, this really does help a lot.

And as for buying an after market stereo yeah, it'd sound better too but this is free and the difference is amazing. I'm not saying that the factory radio owns all other radios, but after I switched these settings I no longer feel like I need a new HU, although a front AUX in would be nice.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the free advice. But you do need to get real and rock hard with a aftermarket radio!
Old 10-18-2007, 12:10 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by TerribleTed
LOL I found a "trick" that works better. Dissassemble dash and remove the factory HU. Throw at nearest trash can. Install quality aftermarket HU, plug RCA cables in to newly found outputs feeding amps and subwoofer. Sit back and enjoy sound that the factory headunit can not equal regardless of SSR setting (even with factory speakers and no sub).
i like that method better..

but yeah.. it's been posted before..
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4667
even before the tC came out.