Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

First bad sub....

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 04:38 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default First bad sub....

I noticed after having my system in my car for a few months that the sub in the cargo area:

kinda flopped rather than hit. The sub i have under my passenger seat hits just fine though. Yesterday i stopped by a local custom audio shop and had the owner come check it out and tell me what he could do for me. I figured i either just needed the enclosure repacked or deaden the space under the enclosure. After toying around for a few minutes, he went down a list of things that could be wrong....

Came to the conclusion that the only thing that could be wrong is the sub itself. The sub must be damaged, overdriven, dropped, whatever. I bought the sub brand new, but had it packed in my enclosure from a dealer far away in texas. Either it was a lemon from the factory, or it had been driven before i got it. Anyways, now we're getting down to my question:

I have 2 10" Memphis Power Reference DVS subs. He says he'll let me trade those in ($50 trade in on both, $100 together) toward 2 10" Memphis M-Class DVS subs. $140 after the trade in. What do you say about that? Yay? Nay?

He had to order the M-Class's, which will be here Monday, and when they come in I'll have the option of either buying them or not. Also i asked him, "What if we drop these in and the rear still flops?" He says then we'll disect the entire install from HU back.

Anyone else with a cargo enclosure like mine flopping too? I still want to believe it's the box.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Everything wears down eventually. How much will he charge to find out the problem if he has to take everything apart?
Old 10-13-2005, 06:59 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

nada
Old 10-13-2005, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd say go for the new subs and if that fixes the problem, you're set. If not, then you have nothing to lose except time.