Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Fuse problem, i really need some insight

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Fuse problem, i really need some insight

hey guys you have always been a great help to me in the past and i know you can help me now. I have a little electrical problem and i need some help. Today i was adding some vent leds and i got everything wired up and it was all working and i got to finish everything up and all of the sudden i blew a fuse. i know i shouldnt have had the battery unhooked but i didnt and i cant go back now. i have changed a fuse before so i thought no big deal. i made sure everything was good with the wiring and changed it and it happened again. this is as soon as i turn the car to acc with the led's switched off. i have the leds wired through the cig lighter so now i have to leds or radio which is no fun. do you guys have any ideas to why this is happening. I could understand if i had some wires exposed but i even unhooked the switch so there is no way any leds are getting power. i totally unhooked all my extra wiring and it still blows as soon as you turn the key. have any suggestions? i would greatly appreciate any help you could give me. everything is working perfect except the items on the acc fuse. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-23-2006, 04:43 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds like you have a short some where check your wiring make sure your power wire isn't touching a ground anywhere
Old 01-23-2006, 04:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for the quick response. should i check just my led and cc wiring or check other wiring also?would it matter if i unhooked all the lighting or would it still short out even though the lighting isnt connected to a power source. i was thnking i might have a radio wiring problem, buti havent touched anything to do with the radio, just the leds and cold catohdes. sorry i am not being very clear but i dont really know how to explain things more clearly.