Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

a GOOD air freshener?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default a GOOD air freshener?

i got a 6 dollar freshener.. some bottle with string attach. i hooked it on the 2 hooks left and right in the rear seats, below the cup holder. hopefully thats a good spot. no A/C is blowing so i hoping the scent is strong enough to carry around.

my sisters lexus IS 330 she got a hook on the passenger side on the left near leg room. she put a freshener there, which i think its a great spot because people dont notice it. its low to the knees and it hits HARD. so if you want the scent to hit hard just turn on the A/C and let it blow to your legs and it'll go all around

we both got vanilla scent. but before i bought a new car fresh scent smell and it was horrible. its those sticks you insert in the A/C. BAD scent and didnt last long...

anyone know what high quality air freshener and scent to buy? i need something that last long and hits HARD. enough to remove the cigarette smoke scent completely. including peach phillies etc. haha

i hate the ones that you stick the freshener on the top of the dash or whatever and its glued down. and i just started to dislike the ones you stick into the A/C.

any specific brand? type? shape form? any other ways (your way) to keep the car scented like you wanted?
Old 09-13-2004, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like dryer sheets. Weird, I know.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Drier sheets under the seats works well.

The japanese style "Squash" fresheners available online and at most "import" shops are simply awesome.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Not strong enough

Originally Posted by Nick@AGP
Drier sheets under the seats works well.

The japanese style "Squash" fresheners available online and at most "import" shops are simply awesome.
Personally I ONLY use that in my car.

But I don't think it will do it... this person wants something that HITS HARD. *lol* Plus this person don't like dash theme.

The SQUASH (like bubble gum) is good if you don't have any strong odor. Its awasome though since I am not a smoker. And I don't let people smoke in my car either. :D
Old 09-13-2004, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just carry a bottle of frebreeze or something in the car.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default New Car Smell

I'm still have the smell of the new car, luckily, in my car so no need yet. I really love the new car smell. I know someone will do something like smoke or something in my car, without my knowing and all, which will get rid of it.

When that happens, I heard there are scents that immitate the new car scent. Anyone here ever try one that actually worked?
Old 09-13-2004, 05:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

squash all the way baby.... the only scent i use... but if he doesn't want the indash thingy, then well there are these pretty cool fresheners that are like a gelly type stuff in a little glass jar with a semi-open top, it have one in my tc and it just sits in my cup holder. I don't notice it as much, but when i give someone a ride they always comment on how my car smells really nice
Old 09-13-2004, 09:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

My leather seats have enough "fresh" smell for me! :D

While in AutoZone, I saw these pouches that you toss under the seats... I was thinking of trying those. For a nice subtle scent, EagleOne makes some nice vent clips that go inside so you can't see the easily, but they don't last as long as advertised...
Old 09-13-2004, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

My first air freshener was wrapped around my auto shifter. After a few weeks I removed it and it had left a burn of sorts on the silver bezel that it was touching. It was almost like it was eating away at the paint Now I just use liquid stuff like Febreeze and another one called Xtra (from the $.99 store) they work great. :D
Old 09-13-2004, 02:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

http://www.eagleone.com/_products/5,VC016.asp <--- interesting...
I was thinking of buying one of those "JDM" squash air freshners... Those EagleOne vent clips look neat (heh), but putting the air on full blast will depleat the clips' scent...
Old 09-13-2004, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

I used to smoke in my old car and tried dryer sheets on top of cabin air filter, but the smell was too strong, so I tried a bunch of different air fresheners, but ended up with Wizard Stick-Ups. I stuck them under the seat (on the bottom of the seat) and it worked perfect. People always commented that my car smelled nice, but not intrusive. Just a hint. I quit smoking before I bought the tC so for now I did not need air fresheners, but might go back to the stick-ups.

That's what they look like in a package:
http://www.wizard-air.com/product_page/product.html#4

It's a disk with a little adhesive square that you can attach anywhere, the disk can be opened at different levels thus allowing you to regulate how much "scent" you get. They are cheap, too - less than a $1 for a pair.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you looking for a certain smell or just looking for a something to take away the smoke smell.

I smoke myself and when I buy my TC, hopefully soon, I am going to buy the Sharper Image Air Purifier. It just plugs into your Cig Adapter. I think it is around $40. I have 3 of the home versions in my condo and they work very well to clean the air.

At least this will purify the air instead of just covering it up, now if you want a certain smell, you can always use a freshener or dryer sheet along with the purifier.

If you don't have a Sharper Image store around you, you can always check their website

Just a thought
Old 09-13-2004, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I've got a bunch of Air Spencers, which are the Japanese "Squash" ones. Had them in my old car, and now my tC has them. Love the smell.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikochu
Those EagleOne vent clips look neat (heh), but putting the air on full blast will depleat the clips' scent...
haha they dont last very long the scent goes away in like 2 to 3 weeks. but i do always use the a/c
Old 09-13-2004, 03:48 PM
Banned
SL Member

Glade Wisp is still the best boys....it lasts 30 days, on my second refill.....love that thing
Old 09-13-2004, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
Glade Wisp is still the best boys....it lasts 30 days, on my second refill.....love that thing
pffft...

Also, moved to ICE, Electrical and Interior...
Old 09-13-2004, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Pete
no not weird. i use dryer sheets too! put a couple in the dash box, and the glove box, and set your car out in the sun with the windows cracked, and it will bring back your original new car smell!
Old 09-13-2004, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by scionracerxb
Originally Posted by Pete
no not weird. i use dryer sheets too! put a couple in the dash box, and the glove box, and set your car out in the sun with the windows cracked, and it will bring back your original new car smell!
hah, do they help with preventing static when you get out your car?
Old 09-13-2004, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

those adaptor things, i got a radar detector for the front outlet, i dont think putting the air fresh adaptor inside your middle compartment will work since its closed unless its strong enough to go through...

im thinkin about getting one of those, probably buy that 2 way outlet splitter.

as for those dryer sheets, those things are very strong.... depends what you buy tho...
Old 09-13-2004, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

what the hell is a squash? never heard of it :?:

Quick Reply: a GOOD air freshener?