Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Great Accessory - Pad Set for Dash, Console, Glovebox,

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Another positive review. Fit and finish is great. My only problem is that I use armor-all to "wax" the interior, and the pads slide a bit. The adhesive that came with them is a bear to separate properly, but it works.

On a side note, this product is one of those things that works so well I'm surprised noone makes these a standard feature in cars.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member

just got them today, very fast shipping!

will put them in later
Old 05-31-2006, 09:12 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Got mine! :D

Great quality, Wilson! Fit, function and finish are very good, the little 'stickum' patches work very well (I only stuck five of mine - I may stick one more if it needs it), and they look like they are 'factory.'

Amazingly they DO keep my sunglasses in one of the 'nooks' where they belong even when I get a bit, uh, spirited.

At first I thought the little stick-on printed labels telling where each pad went were maybe overkill, but I'm NOT sure I'd have figured them all out without 'em.

Well worth the price, Wilson, Thanks. :D

===> https://www.scionlife.com/parts/?part=10872

Tom
Old 05-31-2006, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

I saw these things for sale on eBay a month or so ago and while interested, figured I could make something like it myself.

I did do the Walmart rubber things and they don't stay in place and were a PITA to make (I only did above glovebox and above steering wheel).

After reading such a long thread of kudos to this product, I'll have to break down, admit defeat, and buy it.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Wilson has a special offer for anyone who buys direct from him. Get the 17 pad set direct from him (email him at pilotpads@msn.com for payment details) rather than through eBay, and he'll toss in 4 door handle pads at no extra charge.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heh. What's odd is a week after putting mine in I'm still actually enjoying them - actually find myself putting things in a cubby just to see if they'll stay - and they do. :D
Old 06-10-2006, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member

Nice pads - worth the money!!

Let's see some colors!!
Old 06-11-2006, 03:29 AM
5 Year Member

Default Re: Great Accessory - Pad Set for Dash, Console, Glovebox,

I just installed the pads and they work great.
I was pleasantly surprised at the good service and the quality of the project. They arrived withing just a couple days, much sooner than expectied. The fit is good and they work as advertised. I would recommend this highly to any XB owners out there.

Originally Posted by jay_man2
I've found a way to make the dash cubbies, glovebox, console and door bins a bit more functional, with a great pad set. These great neoprene pads make the flat surfaces or cubbies of the xB dash much more functional. Now my sunglasses and bluetooth headset don't slide around.

You can see the pictures I took while I was installing the pads here- http://www.hondapilot.org/forums/sho...threadid=13852. eBay seller pilotpads is great to deal with. See more about him at http://members.ebay.com/ebaymotors/w...erid=pilotpads I first ran across him when I owned a Honda Pilot, and ordered a greeat set of non-slip pads for it. I was really happy to discover that he'd added xB pads to his product line. For a very reasonable price you get a super 17 piece pad set, labeled for easy installation in the proper location.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

awesome stuff needs a lil piece or two to stop the keys from clanking.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

wow, seems like a simple, yet very effective product! Kudos!
Old 06-11-2006, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

For those who order direct from Wilson rather than through eBay (contact him at pilotpads@msn.com) he'll throw in the door handle pads pictured in my post above, and if you need one and request it, a factory armrest cupholder pad.

Old 06-24-2006, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just got the pads and i love em! i can now put my cell phone and glasses in the cubbies around the steering wheel without them falling out or rolling around. great product!
Old 06-24-2006, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

I just ordered a set for my Xb and my son's Xa. the ebay site said discount for shipping, but it did not say how much. I emailed him and he refunded one of the shipping charges almost as fast as I asked.... seems like a good seller
Old 06-24-2006, 09:24 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The pad sets are very nicely, carefully made, my random communications with him have all be quick and more than reasonable, and sneaking into the Honda Pilot site where he's an old hand (and one of the top posters) he seems the solid sort whom everyone there would vouch for.

Aside from all that though, the pads speak for themselves. :D

Tom
Old 06-24-2006, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member

These are great, Good shipping, Good Labeling, Fit the Box like a glove. Ha Ha
Old 06-25-2006, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
The pad sets are very nicely, carefully made, my random communications with him have all be quick and more than reasonable, and sneaking into the Honda Pilot site where he's an old hand (and one of the top posters) he seems the solid sort whom everyone there would vouch for.

Aside from all that though, the pads speak for themselves. :D

Tom
I first encountered Wilson on the Hona Pilot site, and got a set of pads for the Pilot. I was beside myself to discover that he'd done a set for the Box. Wilson is first class; his products and service demonstrate that.

jay_man2 here
jay on www.hondapilot.org
Old 06-26-2006, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member

Default Great Product

Great product, makes the shelving in the xB much more useful.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:55 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's an even better test - imagine, after you've had them for a while and have gotten to depend on them, what it would be like if they weren't there. I'd be very upset to have to fight everything sliding around and jumping out of the cubbies again.

Thanks, Wilson!

Tom
Old 07-01-2006, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

well, first, don't try to put them in the various cubbies WHILE YOU ARE DRIVING! I started putting mine in [and found that I could NOT slide some stuff around when I tried to move the stuff eek]

I gave my son his [for the xA] this morning after I finely explained what I they were he said "cool" jumped in his car and went surfing

Great product
Old 07-09-2006, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member

Default Great product

Hi folks. My first time to post on here. After reading about the xB pads on here, I e-mailed Wilson about ordering information. This was on Tuesday, June 20th. I said I would like to have the pads by Friday, the 23rd of June, as I was planning to leave for a trip. His quick reply said to e-mail him my address and he will get them in the mail ASAP. Meanwhile, I call my wife, she gets a money order in the mail to him on the 20th. I received my pads on Thursday, the 22nd. How many vendors do you know would send you their product prior to receiving payment? This is a great product at a great price, and a great person to do business with. Don in Utah.

Quick Reply: Great Accessory - Pad Set for Dash, Console, Glovebox,