Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Has anyone thought off automatic window switches???

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 09:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Has anyone thought off automatic window switches???

Hi, just got back and my computer was down for three months

Just wondering, the other day I was driveing my freind Lexus RX300 and notice something that I want in my box. His power window switchs automaticly rolls down all the windows with one touch each, and rolls it back up the same way. (without pressing them down while rolling) I notice that the switch configuration looks like it will line up on the xb's (though I see similar swithces on most Toyota Products).

Has anyone done this already? Wonder if the harness will match up, (though you will have to dissasemble the switches of the panel and put on the xb's panel.)

Did the search and found none.....
Thanks in advance.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I'm a bit confused here, I think mine actually do this.....
Old 06-30-2006, 10:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i thought about it... but the properway to do this requires a lot of wiring and a window controler.

the controler is what will drop the window if it should happen to hit something while closing (like a kids hand or head. or even a stick of 2x4...) it keeps you safe and the car/window from being damaged.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by sstcrew
I'm a bit confused here, I think mine actually do this.....
don't know much about the rs3....
but do you have auto down and auto up???
on more than the drivers window???
Old 06-30-2006, 10:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

after getting a pager alarm with remote window up/down feature all my windows do that from the drivers switches... 1 touch up/down for each window ... its nice
Old 06-30-2006, 12:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yes a window module for an alarm will kinda convert the windows into this...
but it is also a small pain in the but because every time you want to lower the windows a small bit, it will try to send them all the way down.

then you need to push the switch in the oppisite direction to stop it from dropping all the way.

it works, but not as nice as a real auto up/down system.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

hmm.. will have to double check when i get into my car.. but think i can just go down with a lite push and release to get it to stop... or maybe its just the drivers window that does that...
Old 06-30-2006, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member

Get two DEI 530t's. One for the front windows, one for the rear. This will give you one touch up/down on all windows. You simply tap down and they go down, up they go up. If you hold them down, then the windows will work like normal.

In order to get one touch from the passengers switches you'll have to run a pair of wires to each window switch.

Really a pain in the butt to be honest. Had it on my old neon, and am using a 530t strictly for one touch on my Miata (switches in center console so much easier to wire)

The nice thing is you can wire them off an alarm and have full remote capability to. OTOH, if you had enough time you could probably find a Toyota parts bin piece that would work.

Chris.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Cincycaddy
Get two DEI 530t's. One for the front windows, one for the rear. This will give you one touch up/down on all windows. You simply tap down and they go down, up they go up. If you hold them down, then the windows will work like normal.

In order to get one touch from the passengers switches you'll have to run a pair of wires to each window switch.

Really a pain in the butt to be honest. Had it on my old neon, and am using a 530t strictly for one touch on my Miata (switches in center console so much easier to wire)

The nice thing is you can wire them off an alarm and have full remote capability to. OTOH, if you had enough time you could probably find a Toyota parts bin piece that would work.

Chris.
yes. thats how they work.

and i have always have window vents on my cars...so i would want to just tap the switch to get the window open an inch or two. then it would go open all the way ...

this annoyed me.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dgHotLava
Originally Posted by Cincycaddy

Chris.
yes. thats how they work.

and i have always have window vents on my cars...so i would want to just tap the switch to get the window open an inch or two. then it would go open all the way ...

this annoyed me.
Thanks for the input.

Actually, I was wondering if I can use the swithches of the Lexus RX300, and retro fit it in my scion. The swithces seems to match-up with the panel, wondering if the harness will match-up too. I guess the only way to find out is to go see the dealer parts dept. and check and compare the swithces with mine.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

the harness will not match...there is a controler computer to them...our xB's (and xA's) have dumb windows.

the tC's have a simalar window controller.

i don't know if you ever looed inside your door, but there is an extra plug that would have gone to the controller module.
but the wires are dead ended inside the door hinge.

also the window motors would need to be swapped out. those motors have limit switches and jam sensors in them....our are dumb and do not.

i've been down this road...just letting you know what you are up against.