Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

How horrible are Power Acoustik head units?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 07:14 PM

Default How horrible are Power Acoustik head units?

I'm looking all over for cheap used head units with full composite a/v in and at least a 3" screen, to be used with a Soundgate Zune Core. It's turning out to be difficult to find a unit from a name brand in the used/refurb/scratch and dent market for less than $200 but I'm tripping over new units from off brands. The one I'm looking at in particular is the PTID-4002, since it meets my needs and then some, but information on Power Acoustik anything is scarce here and elsewhere, and what little information there is either people saying they like it without going into any details into the actual quality or people going WARNING WARNING! STAY AWAY! MISERY AND DEATH WILL FOLLOW!

I just want to integrate my Zune into my xB and it's turning into a major headache.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I haven't ever had a head unit from them but I have had 2 amps from them. The first one blew up do to a bad ground wire so it wasn't there fault. The second I still have and am still using. The only thing I ran into was when I blew up my amp and tryed getting ahold of them to fix it and it took forever and when I finally did it seemed more like a small group of friends just kind of making products but they still helped me out although I never ended up sending it in.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:04 AM

I've heard good things about their amps but I'm not so sure about their head units since they're made by some other company that makes the same cheapo head units for other cheapo brands. It's still a last resort, though, since I'm really scouring the used market for something good.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member

I have a soundstream VIR7355nbt and PA is a sister company. Just for the record i sell these headunits. I love my headunit. It has a good picture and is very clean looking. it exceded my dreams for a headunit. i am very happy with it.