Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

i hate thieves!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default i hate thieves!!!!!!!

Some one tried to break into my xB last night and scratched up my window and the rubber at the bottom of the window. They did not make it in but left evidence of the attack on my car. I called the police man and he acted like it was an inconvience to him to look at it so i just have to take matters into my own hands i guess. Does anyone know a good alarm with the pager and remote start stuff i can put on my xb and a good attack dog i can put inside that won't tear up my seats.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Just kidding about the dog part but i do need some good alarm references.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:15 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

wow, that really sucks man. Check ur local bestbuy/curcuit city or local stereo shops for some good alarms
Old 07-24-2005, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry to hear about the attempt.

It is unfortunate that some "SOME" cops are major "A"holes. 911 is just as bad at times... 911, hold! ... ... ... ... ...

Edit: Should call them back adn get someone out there.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have some viper alarm and it works real well.

i dont know what the model number is, but it has 2 way paging and i got my window modules installed as well. it's pretty pricy most places, but i got it for pretty cheap i guess... it works real well for me
Old 07-24-2005, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Viper 791xvr will run you 499 at your local Best buy.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry to hear about your incident. Cops are generally useless. They came here giving you attitudes and not much help. Last time I called 911 for an incident. The cop came and gave me major attitude as if I killed their relatives. Instead they were talking about where they will go for dinner as if I gave them inconvenience.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Viper 791XV for $450.00

MrMcNuggett , sorry to hear about what happened. You're lucky that they didn't get away with your xB. Unfortunately for me, a few months ago my sedan was stolen from the parking lot at my job- in broad daylight! I went out there for lunch (because I usually drive my coworkers to go) and all that was left was broken glass. I inconvenienced the cops by having them come down and take notes and nod their heads. Anyway my point is I learned my lesson and when I bought my new car (xB baby!) the first upgrade I did was to get a 2-way alarm system.

I used to have one that was really crappy- it was Valet which is the same company as Viper but for some reason the Viper 791XV is much better, reliable. The keychain/remote looks like a mini cell-phone with a stubby antenna and a big LCD screen that shows your car and what sensors are triggered. It's 2-way so every 3-seconds the car pages your remote and an icon blinks on the screen to let you know that it's within range and that your car is fine. When your car is not fine, the remote beeps and/or vibrates (your choice) and lets you know the severity of the alarm (sensor 1 if only the warning chirp went off because a loud car just went by or something or sensor 2 if someone really tampered with your car- and it shows just how- the icon for the door will go off if the door was opened or the icon for the trunk, hood, etc.). The company claims that the range of the pager is 1/4 mile but I think it depends on the terrain. Still the range is great. It works through buildings with no problem and is still much better range than the Valet one I had before. So be careful when you're shopping around and make sure that the range is good. Otherwise it's useless.

My favorite thing about the alarm is the remote start. Just hit a button and your car will page you back and confirm that your car has been started. This is perfect since it's best to warm up our xB engines right? Plus you can set-up your AC, heater, radio or whatever so when the car starts it's all comfy when you get in. Be careful though because if you auto-start your car and there are passersby, they will question you before you can get in your car- that's a promise. But what I really like to do is start my car from inside the house right before I leave for work, so I don't have to sit there a few minutes and twiddle my thumbs until the coolant icon goes away. Cool hu?

Anyway hope this info helps.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Waht's even better is Directed has telematics. That equates to GPS tracking and worldwide coverage. Info from the car can be x-mitted to and from the car by cellphone. There is monthly fee though and I don't know what it is. I ahve also heard of people installing cameras in cars to record after the alarm was triggered. Kinda cool junkfood for the brain, you think?
Old 07-28-2005, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

sorry to hear tha. Isnt this corner carvers for suspension and handleing mods???
Perhaps you should post this in the audio/electronics forum???
Old 08-03-2005, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dang sorry to hear but best one is always lojack or you can go to an audio shop they will always know what is best
Old 08-03-2005, 07:47 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Sorry to hear about that. Similar thing happened to me last year but they actually busted the window clean out. I didn't even hear the alarm going off. But my crazy neighbor did and ran outside with a gun a chased them away. Lucky me.

Viper, Sidewinder, Python, & DEI (directed electronics) are all the same so you really can't go wrong with either one. Very good alarms I would also suggest getting a mini horn inside. I have one and is sounds like a canarie on steroids.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:21 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry to hear about that. Hope you get a good alarm installed, and get the damage fixed soon. (I'd call the cops again, and AT LEAST get a report number, since there was damage to the vehicle.)

Oh! I also moves this from Corner Carvers to the ICE forum - it really belongs here.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

a good attack dog i can put inside that won't tear up my seats
attack dog? u don't need that....
http://www.bofunk.com/media/videos594647660/monkey.wmv
Old 08-03-2005, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

2 way alarms are pretty much useless unless the vehicle is at your house. If you're at a mall or something, by the time you get there, they're gone, and if you do get there, unless you carry a pistol, then it's stupid to run up on a theif anyway. Best thing you can do? Leave your doors unlocked, if a theif wants it, they'll find a way in, like it or not. 97% of people, even if they hear an alarm, won't do anything to prevent a theft anyway, so you're better off saving money in the long run to replace glass than spending it on an alarm, as having it's not going to deter a theif from damaging your vehicle. Besides that, a theif will be in and out in 2 minutes tops anyway, so pagers aren't gonna do any good. And for god's sakes, if you do get one, at least do't put the stickers on there advertising you have one. That only lets them know to cut the siren wire to keep it quiet. Seriously, bolt your ICE stuff down as best as possible making it difficult to remove. That, and tint your windows. Those are possibly the best theft deterrant there is.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

tint your windows
someone told me that attracts theives....but i would rather have very dark tint so noone can see what i've really got in there...i don't know what to think about that

maybe if there was a small sticker that said "bait car"...it may scare some ppl off..hehe. I'd like a very small video camera that captures about 10 frames a second, and records to a hard drive or something like that inside my car. that would be real evidence.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What good would it be if they stole the car though? Tint doesn't attract theives. Too many people now have tint for it to attract theives. Keep your stuff out of view and make it less attractive. Find safer places to park, garage when possible, and when in public parking, find somewhere that's patrolled.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:58 AM
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

I work the night shift in a not so great area. So, what I do is park right in front of the security camera and while i'm working (watching TV), i have a view of the security cameras as well..so i'm not really worried about it right now.

if you know where a security camera is, park in front of it.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

the thing to remember when shoping for an alarm is not to worry about the brand. Almost all alarms are made by the same company, check out www.directed.com and read the list of the "Brands" that they make.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

true that..i had an alarm. top of the line of whoever made it. well my xb got broken into. they cut all the wires they could find. they took my radar detector and sound system. the alarm indeed was useless.

however. im taking the security notch a lil higher. i will install the brain somewhere else. install at least 2 other sirens. and some more securities. all is not lost.

Quick Reply: i hate thieves!!!!!!!