Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

I have the Viper 771 alarm on my TC since Jan 05 BUT....

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 01:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default I have the Viper 771 alarm on my TC since Jan 05 BUT....

I never knew about the AUX button working with the unlock button to open windows or the sunroof. Stuff like that. My cousin told me about that a few days ago..I did the install of this alarm at Best Buy. geez was it expensive... I did ask the installer about why i cant open the passenger door with the unlock button and he said that would be more expensive cause its a different relay. I was like WTF, this crap is expensive enough.. So months later my cousin again says that i can do it by pressing the unlock button multiple times. and YAY that works.. Ok now, why didnt the best buy installer tell me about the AUx button thing being able to open the windows. I want that feature. Would it be that much price increase? What if i was to do it now at any other place? Does anybody else have the viper alarm with the AUX capabilities..?? Thanks for help
Old 06-06-2005, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

moved...
Old 06-06-2005, 02:50 PM
5 Year Member

Default Aux...

Aux is not a feature=) simply a button to be programmed.
the window module spoken of runs around 119.99, + 75 to install at most places.
the power locks are 2 stage locks. they should be able to program the alarm for double pulse unlock, common for any toyota or nissan.
don't read the manual and think everything is possible. i have people comming up to me all the time saying " HEY! it says i can do this, and do that. and do that.. and this and that.. " and by the time i explain how much it costs they always say the book says it can do it... but they fail to read that it says "Additional parts may be required"
in my own words. that means "CHAAACHING"
anyways. if you go to www.directed.com, you can look up all the parts that dei has to offer for all of the features you want.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

HOLY COW.. 119 for the parts and 75 more for the install. So an addiiontal 200+ for the window stuff. OUCH. i think i'll have to pass.

But has anyone with the TC done this yet? i mean there would have to be a lot of rewiring right? anybody done this to their tC
Old 06-06-2005, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea for these aftermarket setups. You have to do some reasearch on these. Because there are some many aftermarket functions on these alarms it would take an experienced guy that knows the wiring charts for the scion so they know what exact wires to connect which AUX function to.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:59 AM
5 Year Member

Default window modules

Not hard on these. Most 12v installers can handle the module, the instructions are pretty self explanatory. tell you how to test for which type of window switch and how to activate each.
the information is already out there via. directechs (Directed electronics group)
but the work is costly. nothing more than a few wire connections. THe price is because of the liability and the warranty. nothing more. IF you have any questions my email is azuretc@aol.com i'll help you with whatever you want to know.
just incase you're wondering i do this for a living. and many other 12v things
Old 06-07-2005, 12:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Seeing how I see other installers are talking in this thread, I am wondering the possibility of tieing in the aux channel to the auto down feature of the windows. I figure when you hit auto down it sends a 12v pulse to the BCM to activate the feature. I'm not sure on the possibility, I don't believe it could/would blow up any window motors, so I'm wondering if anyone has attempted this on the car yet (using window features WITHOUT a module).
Old 06-07-2005, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ahh i c
Old 06-08-2005, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member

Default blowing up motors

Won't do this. The unit that we are talking about will not damage the motors if properly installed. i'd worry more about the person making sure of what type of window regulators we had vs. the auto-up and down feature. if you notice the buttons have 2 settings. all the way in, and half way. half way only sends hte window until let go. vs. the all the way in setting which causes it to go all up or down. you'd just find out which pulse did this. but the unit has like a latching relay in it to determine time anyway. it's no different than holding the window in up or down for a set period of time with your fingers, won't hurt or burn it up if set up properly. have fun though
Old 06-09-2005, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the labor is pretty high to install them because they typically very tedious and time consuming. They can also be a pain in the ___ sometimes. But as mentioned youll need the window module if you want your windows to move with your remote