Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Ignited Engine Start Din Panel

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

stupid imagestation... doesn't work sometimes.. here's the album, only has the one picture in it.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287024219

sorry bout that
Old 04-28-2004, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Here you are:

sign up with photobucket.com. It's easier to use than imagestation and allows remote linking.

Andrew
Old 04-28-2004, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ghost
sign up with photobucket.com. It's easier to use than imagestation and allows remote linking.

Andrew
awesome... learn something new everyday
thanks.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ghost
Here you are:

Andrew
nice

PEACE
Old 04-28-2004, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got the ok to keep my products that were given to me by ignited so they will hopefully go in this weekend. i plan on mounting them to behind the steering wheel with the single din panel.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ikonXone
i got the ok to keep my products that were given to me by ignited so they will hopefully go in this weekend. i plan on mounting them to behind the steering wheel with the single din panel.
that's cool, where abouts behind the steering wheel? i'd like to see that, that'd look dope. just curious, on that din panel why'd it come with 2 covers? one was smaller than the other? is it just a spacer? i used the smaller cover for my panel, i still got the bigger cover and the two sides for the din insert. they make really nice stuff, everything goes together nicely. Those damn rocker switches are hella high quality stuff, feels like it was really worth the money, $20 is a lot for 1 switch, but as soon as you flick that thing you know why it was $20. Very nice stuff. I'll be hooking up the switches probably next week. Maybe you can help me out with that, I don't fully understand their instructions, the engine start button came with some instructions, but the switch didnt. There's 2 prongs pointing back from the switch and 1 pointing down... i see one is postive and one looks like a headlight beam and the other looks like an antenna... maybe i'm looking at it wrong

photoshop where your panel will be... wanna see that bad boy. :D

Originally Posted by got_xA
nice
THANKS! you're panel looks sick, nice to hear that coming from someone that went all out on their entire console. :D
Old 04-28-2004, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by tbblizzard
Originally Posted by ikonXone
that's cool, where abouts behind the steering wheel? i'd like to see that, that'd look dope. just curious, on that din panel why'd it come with 2 covers? one was smaller than the other? is it just a spacer? i used the smaller cover for my panel, i still got the bigger cover and the two sides for the din insert. they make really nice stuff, everything goes together nicely. Those damn rocker switches are hella high quality stuff, feels like it was really worth the money, $20 is a lot for 1 switch, but as soon as you flick that thing you know why it was $20. Very nice stuff. I'll be hooking up the switches probably next week. Maybe you can help me out with that, I don't fully understand their instructions, the engine start button came with some instructions, but the switch didnt. There's 2 prongs pointing back from the switch and 1 pointing down... i see one is postive and one looks like a headlight beam and the other looks like an antenna... maybe i'm looking at it wrong

photoshop where your panel will be... wanna see that bad boy. :D

Originally Posted by got_xA
nice
THANKS! you're panel looks sick, nice to hear that coming from someone that went all out on their entire console. :D
Ok where did you order the switches from?

Pb
Old 04-28-2004, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

you can get them from www.pepboys.com or www.optauto.com or www.overboost.com/obs

anywhere you'd like really, they were the cheapest on pepboys. but, shipping is from PA and it takes about a week, if you're in cali and you order from optauto it will be to you in 2 days, also, the reason i didn't order from optauto was cause they were out of stock. they should have some in now.
Old 04-29-2004, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nunspa
Ok where did you order the switches from?

Pb
http://www.ignitedperformance.com/distribute.htm
Old 04-29-2004, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

okay, finished polishing it at work... very very glossy, matches my hideaway box above the ashtray... thinking of polishing that ashtray now, lol.

anyways, still need two more switches and then wiring and then it's all good... i'll take a pic installed later today.

Old 04-29-2004, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by scioninla
If you are in Orange..I work there on Main and Ball.
geez you work right up the steet from where i work.. im off of main and la veta, accross from the main place mall. good stuff
Old 04-29-2004, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by projxB
Originally Posted by scioninla
If you are in Orange..I work there on Main and Ball.
geez you work right up the steet from where i work.. im off of main and la veta, accross from the main place mall. good stuff
both you guys work close to where i used to work... main and memory ln.... right across from the main place mall :D
Old 04-30-2004, 04:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

got a few questions on wiring...

1. stupid question, but i don't really wanna start tearing stuff apart searching... where is the ignition wire located?

2. what is the 3rd prong for on the ignited led protector switch? i know it's to power the led tip, but do i just connect the power to the positive and that prong then just ground the other?

3. i want to have a switch control the power to the engine start, kind of like arming it before i can use it, that way i don't grind while in motion... i know i can just hook to the ebrake and it won't work unless the ebrake is on, but i'd like to have it hooked to a switch. question is how would i hook it up to do this? i understand the switch just completes the circuit so would i just wire the switch's negative and positve to the engine starts negative and positive? or what would i do?

i am not good with electrical at all, i can get all the stuff hooked together but just need to know how to do it, the instructions for the engine start are for universal fitament so i'm lost on it and the rocker came with no instructions... yep, don't know anything on electrical

any help would be greatly appreciated... would like to get this thing going by this weekend. :D

thanks guys.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

OoOOOo... I like the ebrake switch method... someone do a tutorial on the install! Maybe I'll install one of these. My biggest fear is having someone mistakenly press the button by mistake while driving...