Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Infinity Basslink Problems! Need Help Quick!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Infinity Basslink Problems! Need Help Quick!

hey. i wired up my infinity basslink today with the help of one of my friends. i used an adapter i bought from norcalscion.com that gives me 1 set of rca's and also allows me to plug in my ipod. anyways, i hooked everything up and for some reason the sub doesn't hit at all when i plug in both rca's directly into the basslink. when one rca is plugged in, it sounds pretty good, but a little muddled . when both rca's are hooked up , even with the bass boost turned all the way up it sounds like i have just a tad more than stock bass. i'm completely stumped. could it be only one of the rca's is hooked up to the preamp on the radio? i'm afraid of ruining the sub so i have it disconnected for now, but i really want to have it up and running soon. i need some insight here. thanks.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you are running a Converter, you may have it wired improperly. Make sure that all the positive and negative connections are correct on your speaker wires. Sounds like a classic case of reverse polarity.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i also just realized i'm getting a thump from the woofer when i turn off the car. any ideas?
Old 09-25-2005, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member

did you ever fix this?

just speculation, but if you can plug in your ipod with that adaptor harness it probably means that it's an INPUT adaptor, not OUTPUT. Those RCA's might just be INPUTS for an auxilary device.

If this is the case, the Basslink comes with a harness on its own so that you can tap into speaker level lines. You dont NEED the RCA outs on your head unit. (sound quality is lower on speaker level inputs, though)

Something like this would let you use RCA outs on your stock HU.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW[/url]