Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Infinity KAPPA50.5CS Component Speakers ????

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 06:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Infinity KAPPA50.5CS Component Speakers ????

Hey guys debating on the infinity kappa as my highs for the front...anyone have them or heard them, how are they. Im tryin to keep the sets of components under 200 per set, so i can afford backs too....just wondering if these were a good choice
Old 10-10-2004, 08:01 AM
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions

Default Re: Infinity KAPPA50.5CS Component Speakers ????

Originally Posted by markritch
Hey guys debating on the infinity kappa as my highs for the front...anyone have them or heard them, how are they. Im tryin to keep the sets of components under 200 per set, so i can afford backs too....just wondering if these were a good choice
Yes I had them in my Explorer and I miss them. They are a bit bright, but nothing that can't be turned down.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Extremely bright speakers. Great for the price but the tweeter is harsh. Are you planning on running an amp to these?
Old 10-12-2004, 02:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I just replaced all the stock XB speakers with Infinity Kappa's throughout and an Infinity sub and amp. All parts were around $1000 (not including wiring and connectors) here is a previous post in Scion-Dynasty web site:

Here are some pictures during the stereo upgrade. I am using the stock Pioneer 6-CD stereo that came with the XB and have replaced all of the stock speakers with Infinity Kappa series speakers. I replaced the 2 dash soeakers with 2-4" (42.5i), the front doors and rear 1/4 panels with 4-6.5" (63.5i) and subwoofer is 12" perfect series (12.1d). The amp is Infinity reference series (ref5760a) 6 channel - 600 watt.

Sub wiring for dual voice coil connection changed from what the picture shows (a parallel connection) to a series type connection because of what Bill (violentb) explained about making amp get to hot. It got real hot!! Now with series connection amp does not get hot and just required a little adj. to input ect.

And about final adjustments to the amp., I took the XB up to the local stereo shop that sold me all the equipment and the owner fine tuned it all for me. World of difference from what I had done. Experience matters in this dept.

This is not the loudest system and that is what I wanted, to have a great sounding system while you are riding around, not a system the was designed to entertain everyone in cars around you. The speakers do sound great.

Only big problems during install was pulling new wire (12ga.) through the front door boots, new front door speakers needed to have offsets to clear window when it rolls down and 6.5" speakers in 5.5" hole in rear 1/4 panel required making holes bigger (metal shears)

Hope you project turns out as well as mine did. ( visit www.scion-dynasty.com for more info and pictures )

http://photobucket.com/albums/v295/hip-2b-sqr/Stereo/