Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

installing viper791xv remote start on my standerd xb??

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 01:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default installing viper791xv remote start on my standerd xb??

no body will do it they dont want the risk. so i had the alarm installed and i want to do the remote start myself but unfortunatly i cant seem to find anything on the net either. the other forums are like do the liabilty blah blah blah we refuse to answer this question. so im hoping someone here can help. thanks. ive heard circuit city will do it cuz they have a safty that they install that will only make the car start in neutral but when i went there the dude did not know anything about it.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My brother used to run a shop here in the metro Atl area and his boss told him there was a state law here in Ga that prevented them from doing this install on a manual car. Not sure how much of that is true, he might have just not wanted the liability. All I really know to tell you is find some local shops that are in driving distance and see if they can help you.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

clutch bypass - it's in the tech section... pretty easy to do.
or, you can take the clutch switch out from behind the clutch pedal, depress the switch, and tape it in the closed position, fooling the car / alarm into thinking the clutch is pushed in... then it will start no problem, and you will not need to push in the clutch when manually starting. just be sure not to park in gear, as the car WILL take off.... a good idea is a kill switch (viper 791 is set up and comes with a kill switch for this reason) so that if you do park in gear - on a hill, you can flip the kill switch and the autostart becomes disabled..
Old 05-15-2007, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a friendly bit of advice. Make sure you are committed to doing this. one time you slip up and forget, well, we won't go there. I have had 2 friends do it to their cars. 1 screwed up and hit his garage, and one never has had a problem.

Good luck!
Old 05-15-2007, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

does anyone know that wires have to be run if any? like from the alarm to the starter or to the efi
Old 05-16-2007, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tough one to tell over a forum. Best thing to do is grab the manual, your multi meter and get after it. If you have some wiring diagrams grab those as well. the 12 volt forum.com can help as well.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ive tried the same thing and thats why im sell this alarm, you can find a wiring diagram for viper anywhere, and no one will give you a copy unless you are a certified dealer, it sucks.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.directechs.com/guides/man...N564V_6-03.pdf
Old 06-16-2007, 07:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

has anybody installed this alarm yet...well when i RS it my lights flick on and off, is that normal...( till i drive off then it stops..
Old 07-05-2007, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by fl1p_tc
has anybody installed this alarm yet...well when i RS it my lights flick on and off, is that normal...( till i drive off then it stops..
Yes the lights flicking on/off is normal.It did it to my tacoma when i had the 791vx installed in it.

MY question is...the shop that I called to get a quote on said that for them to install my alarm that I would have to give up one of my keys for the clutch bypass module to work.Is this true or are tehy just not informed of other ways of doing it?
Old 07-05-2007, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

unless you have a tC there is no chip in the key. I have seen 3 INSTALLERS hit something with thier personal vehicles that were manual and remote started

Now the legal mumble jumble

I accept no responsiblity if you fubar your car. DEI (Viper, Python, Clifford) voids your warrenty unless work is performed at a DEI authorized dealer and installer.

Circuit City WILL NOT perform this task, it is illegal in many, most infact states. If you want a safeguard, there is a neutral adapter that is sold, i forget who makes it, OR you can use a standard Reed Switch, wired into the neutral safety wire. The Tach wire is located off the OBDII plug, I recommend a hood pin (if not installed or a mercury switch under the hood) This is protect the safety of anyone working on your car.

The parking lights will flash when remote started, this can be changed to a solid on in the programing.

website for wiring help: www.the12volt.com

And remember kids, If you don't know what you are doing, DON'T DO IT. I hate having to fix uckups from customers who thought they knew what they were doing.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

eaglesmerlin1 : yes you have to give up one key.... we bought our Tc's we were given 3 keys... just give them them the one that doesn't have the open/lock button...

there is no neutral safety switch on manual cars... my car is manual and i always make sure my car's ebrake is all the way up and i recheck that its in neutral...also there are times when i put it "turbo timer mode" so that i would kno for sure that when i leave its on neutral cause if its wasn't then my car would jump right when i release the clutch...
Old 08-24-2007, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by fl1p_tc

there is a programming mode where you can set the RS function to keep the parking lights solid.

if anyone still pays attention to this post, ill find the instructions in the manual.

reason: the blinking lights are ___.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

aight cool...thanks....