Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Just got my cool new armrest thingy

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 06:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Just got my cool new armrest thingy

I just got my new armrest and my dealer let me use my 50 gift card towards it! What a sweet deal!

Or so I thought.......
Old 08-19-2005, 06:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

You'd have to have awfull long arms to reach that thing.LOL Thats why I made my own center console. Fits me exactly and has more storage than any aftermarket armrest on the market and it only cost 20 bucks to make!
Old 08-19-2005, 06:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

show it!
Old 08-19-2005, 06:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey jethro I was reading your profile, how did you convert your oem intake to a CAI??
Old 08-19-2005, 06:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...hlight=#177938
Here's the post w/pics and the plans for the armres I made for my box. I altered the plans a bit though. I shortened it a bit because it was too tall for my likeing. Just take measurements and pick a height that fits you. But there is a minimum height jst because it has to clear the cupholder, you'll see what I mean when you see the plans. Oh, and I used 1/4 in. plywood instead if the hardboard that he suggests. And I only used small nails no glue and used spray adheasive to install the covering material. Good luck it was pretty easy just cut all the pieces and you'l see how to put them together

Oh and to convert the stock airbox to CAI, add a K&N filter to the box and remove the snorkel off the bottom and replace it with a piece of flex 3 inch tubing and route it up over the frame rail between the battery and core support to in front of the dr. side wheel well. Better airflow and cooler airflow! It also sounds better!
Aluminum Flex tubing is sold at Lowes and other home improvement places and you also need a 3 inch worm clamp and tye wrap to anchor it in front of the wheelwell. It can be painted flat black if you do not want it to be seen also.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That looks like the Boomerang armrest. If it is, you need to spend an extra $35 or so and get the optional leather top for it. It looks 100X better than the rubber one and it will go great with your interior.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matt_a
That looks like the Boomerang armrest. If it is, you need to spend an extra $35 or so and get the optional leather top for it. It looks 100X better than the rubber one and it will go great with your interior.
I have the Boomerang as well in the standard rubber version. I don't think the leather looks THAT much better to spend an extra $50 to get it. To each his own.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ericsblu_xb
I have the Boomerang as well in the standard rubber version. I don't think the leather looks THAT much better to spend an extra $50 to get it. To each his own.
An extra $50???? When I upgraded mine, it was an extra $35. I do like the leather MUCH better. It looks like a more high-end product, plus the black rubber top kept getting a chalky white look to it. I had to armor-all it frequently just to keep it black. Personally, I'm very glad I got the leather.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got the leather top a few weeks ago. i was charged $50 shipped from boomerang..
Old 08-19-2005, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've got this little funky looking armrest i got off of ebay. Let me see if I can find a pic. I think it looks much more stock and really mathces the interior.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok here is a pic.

It does look really good.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by QuizzyJones
Ok here is a pic.

Yeah, that's the OEM Scion armrest. I have that one too. I have the Boomerang in my xA, and that OEM rest in the xB.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've got this little funky looking armrest i got off of ebay. Let me see if I can find a pic. I think it looks much more stock and really mathces the interior.
How much was it on eBay?
Old 08-19-2005, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Ok here is a pic.

It looks like a flimsy toy If I were to lean on something like that it would go*S*N*A*P* into at least 2 pieces
Old 08-19-2005, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL...Nah, it's alot stronger than it looks. Actually, I think it mounts more solid than my Boomerang does.
Yet, the Boomerang feels like a more substantial product. Does that make any sense?
Old 08-19-2005, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got it off of ebay for 75 bucks. No it really does mount much better than any of the other products I have seen. Also it's really stable and strong. Pics are decieving. I'll take some pics of mine so you can get a better pic of it.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ericsblu_xb
An extra $50???? When I upgraded mine, it was an extra $35. I do like the leather MUCH better. It looks like a more high-end product, plus the black rubber top kept getting a chalky white look to it. I had to armor-all it frequently just to keep it black. Personally, I'm very glad I got the leather.
My standard version was $130 from the manufacturer. The leather pricing shows $180. $180 minus $130=$50. Who cares if it's a high-end look when you're driving an entry-level priced car anyway? It's not a Maybach or even a Lexus. It's a Scion for crying out loud.

Hi gloss or leather anything in the xB looks out of place when most of the surfaces have a matte look to them, unless you have leather seating and trim. Armor All is too oily--I never use it, unless you're talking the lo-gloss they make. That I haven't tried.

I've had my Boomerange since day one, and have not seen any chalky white spots or anything. Since I have cloth seats, why would I want to drop a leather-surfaced armrest between the seats?????
Old 08-20-2005, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All I can tell you is that I had the rubber top. I swapped it out for the leather top and it looks a LOT better. Just because it's an inexpensive car, doesn't mean it needs to look cheap. The rubber looks cheap.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks good
Old 08-20-2005, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All I can tell you is that I had the rubber top. I swapped it out for the leather top and it looks a LOT better. Just because it's an inexpensive car, doesn't mean it needs to look cheap. The rubber looks cheap.
WHY are you belaboring your opinion?
BTW the OEM looks totally cheap on an xA or any vehicle, with its looks no one should have to pay for it.

Quick Reply: Just got my cool new armrest thingy