Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Long overdue question....DDX 7015 with Nav

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 12:58 AM
5 Year Member

Default Long overdue question....DDX 7015 with Nav

OK. I am sure for many this is a much repeated topic but I have read and read and read, with most questions answered, however this one question in particular has yet to be answered. In reguards to the DDX 7015 is there anyway (if not in the future) to be able to change the disgusting wallpaper featured with it. I have the entire system in my living room yet to be installed, and that was one nice feature with the AVN 2454 by Eclipse; even though it wasn't picture capable, at least the stock wallpaper is decent! I hope all goes well with the new system I ordered and I have read nearly equal satisfaction from both Eclipse 2454 and DDX 7015 owners. I hope the nav system is very accurate as well, haven't heard much on that. Well, if any of you great audio/computer minded individuals out there know how to load different wallpaper on the Kenwood or perhaps another add on system would enable this feature? I JUST THINK it would be OUTSTANDING to have a matrix wallpaper or screen saver on that system!! Any educated feedback would be greatly appreciated. I had to register a screen name just to get this question out there...lol
Old 02-17-2005, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I have the same Kenwood in my xB. I haven't found out anything about the wallpaper. As far as I know you can't change it and the stock wallpaper that comes with it sucks! But I did hear on here one time that you may be able to do it with the Kenwood Music Keg, which I'm going to buy pretty soon. I have yet to find out about wallpaper though. I also heard that the Music Keg can also hold and play movies too. Again I'm not 100% on that either. Maybe someone will chime in on this that knows a little more.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks Low Pro! I read a thread somewhere that spoke about the Music Keg having computer like capabilities, but I really want to see if it can give us photos or screen saver, basically anything other than our wallpaper! How do you like your nav system? Is it accurate ? Do you like the Kenwood altogether? Hope to hear back...
Old 02-17-2005, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member

Old 02-18-2005, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I didn't get NAV on mine. It's kinda pointless in my area to have it. As for the screen I love it. The screen is great and fits flush like factory. I just have to get that Keg to get all my MP3's back! Sucks having only one disc.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member

lol yeah I hear ya. That keg does seem like a nice feature. Just come home and hear a song then download it to the usb with a few others, place it in your pocket, plug it in the car, and bam....brand new playlist with digital sound. I also e-mailed kenwood directly to see if there is any way to upgrade the background so I will keep you posted if they find anything out for me,; even if its a futrue project capability, it would be nice to know it's coming. Doesn't look like it as of current research though. Anyway, what do you like about your system the best (feature wise)??