Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Mac Mini but No Ouptut from Facotry Sub

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member

Default Mac Mini but No Ouptut from Facotry Sub

I have removed the stock HU from my tC and replaced with a Mac Mini and Xenarc 700TSV touchscreen. Everything went well except now I have no output coming from the factory sub...how could this be?

I have the Mac Mini speaker outputs wired into a Pioneer GM-6100F amp via RCA. The speaker outputs from the amp are wired back to the factory harness. I have outputs coming from all speakers except the factory sub.

Where am I going wrong? I thought that the factory sub took its input off of the rear speakers--but if this is true, then how can I have sound from the rear speakers and no output from the sub? I have tried playing with different volumes and gains on the sub and amp. Also, enabling the LPF on the amp produces some low outputs from the speakers but still no output from the sub.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-06-2005, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

what is it called? i think a line-out converter from the rear speakers to the amp.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there is no turn-on lead telling the sub to well..turn on anymore. there should be some sort of intermediate plug that goes between the factory deck, and the sub. one of those wires tells the sub to turn on. I would suggest wiring it to your accesory circuit, that way it would only come on when the key is in the accessory or run position.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member

This may be it--one thing i never wired was the power ant because I'm not using it...the sub may be using this as its "on" signal. Anyone know if this is the case?
Old 10-06-2005, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

btw....dont you have the sound running from the mac to the monitor and then out through the car speakers? If that is the case, you should hook the amp up to the monitor through the RCAs...if you have them
Old 10-06-2005, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

excellent diagnosis....that is most definately the problem.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks a lot for all your help. phatcyclist was correct--I just checked and the blue power ant wire runs back to the sub to give it the "on" signal. For some reason I assumed that this was already taken care of.

I need to connect the DLYON ("remote trigger") of my CarNetix CNX-P1900 (which is currently connected to the amp) back to the self-powerd sub via the power ant line, so that it knows to turn on as well.

FYI Priory_of_Scion: I have the Mac Mini sound output to RCAs and into the amp. The speaker outs from the amp are wired back into the factory harness. Thanks for all your help.